45cal omega bullets powder combos

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broomebuck

Reaction score
looking for other options ihave a 45cal magnum ml looking for a good bullet powder combo from 0 to 200 yards

lane said:
200g 45/40cal Hornady SST or same Shockwave, pushed by 100-120g of powder 8) :D
Thats a great place to start. I took six deer this year with a 200gr SW pushed by 100grs of 777, it was out of a .50 but you should expect similar performance.

Broomebuck

I would like to welcome you to the forum , It is great to have you here with us.
:yeah:

A 200gr SW or SST Same bullet with 110gr of 777 2fg loose should get you fairly good results. If you are planning on shooting 200yds I would suggest Practicing ALOT at that kind of range For those type of shots takes a lot of skill and knowing your weapond inside and out, SHOOT - SHOOT - and Shoot some more.

45cal

i shoot this gun alot im just not happy with the bullet performance im useing . lumgbuster thanks im glad i found this site!!!

bullet

im shooting powerbelts 195 grain hp with 150 pyrodex to fast and i know it kind of stuck with it shoots good at 100 yards also thinking of useing loose powder but still not sure of brand

Get you some Loose 777 2fg and the hornady 200gr SST load her up hith 110gr of powder you will be amazed at the proformace .
(+) you are trying to push that PB way to fast if you was to shoot a deer
under 100yds most likly it would just EXplode like a bomb when it hit why it probb. wouldn't even penatrate .

The Power Belts are just a Fancy Conical that has to be slowed down to prefoume right a 195gr or 225gr PB should be shooting around 75gr or 80gr of powder .

bullet

yea it does blow up i got one this year in ny with this combo it shredded the inside of the buck he when like 40 yards like soup inside the chest cavity. the biggest one i ever saw too in these parts

Ditch the Powerbelt and try 120gr 777 and a 200gr SST.

Broomebuck,

"Lungbuster" is exactly correct..follow his advise. :D

Chocdog

My load in my 209x45 Encore is 100gr fffg 777 loose and 200gr sst . under 1" groups at 100 yards .
Charlie

I use 120 gr. loose 777 under Barnes 300 gr MZ.
Groups to 1 " at 100 yards and took 3 nice deer at ranges from 85 to 140 yards. All dropped where they were shot.
Was able to recover one of the rounds that hit rib and vertebrae - perfect expansion and the recovered wt was/is 299.6 gr.
Actually photographed bullet and sent pix to Barnes to thank them for a great product.

Gary

Latest posts

Back