• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

500 Winchester W209 Primers

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoJo

Reaction score
Up for sale are 5 100-count sleeves of Winchester W209 primers for $100. Before I get blasted for the selling price, I‘d like to briefly share the story behind these primers - and thanks for taking the time to read it.

Despite the outrageous prices for these primers online, I reluctantly paid a $148 ransom for them last week. In over 50+ years of hunting I never would have imagined doing that. I packed my range bag last week for a trip to the range to verify my Accura’s sight-in from last year (I missed the entire ML season in NC, MD, and PA). The 2021-22 ML season might pissibly be my last, for the same medical reasons that caused me to miss last year.

When I was packing my range bag, it was gut-wrenching to discover that could not locate my 1 1/2 pks of W209’s I knew I had left from last year. With no luck after days of searching, and in a moment of desperation, I purchased one of the cheaper 209 lots online. The value of a 100 sleeve last year was exactly $5.99. The value of a sleeve to me last week was $129 for a 5-pk ($148 after taxes and shipping). So, I pulled the trigger and bought the 5-pk, which was much cheaper than some costing 2-3 times more. Two days ago I found my Winchester primers in a zippered pocket of my 243 soft case. I have no need to hold on to the 5-pk since I don’t know my status beyond next season. So, this the ONLY reason I am posting this listing.

I’ve seen comments in various places where such sellers are called scammers/hoarders. I am not one of them. I am trying to recoup $100 of my $148 cost. I would never expect to recoup shipping and sales tax. This is a local pick-up, FTF transaction. Although there is conflicting debate as to whether one can legally ship primers, I was convinced by the agent at the UPS shipping hub that it is not legal - he rattled off the code as soon as I asked. Primers are now in the same HAZMAT category as loose powder.

If you live in NC and in a 100 mile proximity to Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg, I am willing to meet at a mutual public and secure location. Also, sometime between the end of May and the end of June I will be traveling home - from NC to Western MD (Cumberland). There are a number of routes I can take to get home, usually in proximity to one of the Interstates "North" and then "West." Feel free to send me a PM if you’d like to discuss the possibility of arranging a meeting.

Last edited:
Up for sale are 5 100-count sleeves of Winchester W209 primers for $125. Before I get blasted for the selling price, I‘d like to briefly share the story behind these primers - and thanks for taking the time to read it.

Despite the outrageous prices for these primers online, I reluctantly paid a $148 ransom for them last week. In over 50+ years of hunting I never would have imagined doing that. I packed my range bag last week so I could verify my Accura’s sight-in from last year (I missed the entire ML season in NC, MD, and PA). While packing my range bag, it was gut-wrenching to discover that could not locate my 1 1/2 pks of W209’s I knew I had left from last year.

The 2021-22 ML season might pissibly be my last, for the same medical reasons that caused me to miss last year. I‘m not even sure I will make opening day this year. With no luck after days of searching, and in a moment of desperation, I purchased one of the cheaper 209 lots online. The value of a 100 sleeve last year was exactly $5.99. The value of a sleeve to me last week was $129 for a 5-pk ($148 after taxes and shipping). So, I pulled the trigger and bought the 5-pk, which was much cheaper than some costing 2-3 times more. Two days ago I found my Winchester primers in a zippered pocket of my 243 soft case. I have no desire to hold on to the 5-pk since I don’t know my status beyond next season. So, this the ONLY reason I am posting this listing.

I’ve seen comments in various places where such sellers are called scammers/hoarders, that I am not. I am trying to recoup $125 of my $148 cost. I would never expect to recoup shipping and sales tax. Also, I have a full 100 ct sleeve of Federal 209A’s and a full 100 count sleeve of CCI’s that I will donate with this transaction. This is a local pick-up, FTF transaction. Although there is conflicting debate as to whether one can legally ship primers, I was convinced by the agent at the UPS shipping hub that it is not legal - he rattled off the code as soon as I asked. Primers are now in the same HAZMAT category as loose powder.

If you live in NC I am willing to meet at a public and secure location. Also, I am traveling home to Western MD (Cumberland) in the very near future. As I’ve done numerous times before: I can travel I-95N to I-70, and on to Cumberland via I-70W; or, I-95N to I-64W or I-66W and then I-81N. If you live near one of those corridors and are willing to meet at a reasonable location, please let me know.

For anyone interested, or needing additional information, please send me a pm. I respect the opinions of those that disagree with the outrageous prices being asked for ML and general firearm necessities and would never do what I did. That’s why I explained the story behind my purchase. I liken it to when I used to collect JM-stamped Marlins - the value of my rifles had nothing to do with a retail value, it was all about what each Marlin was worth to me. Anyways, one moment last week, my chance to hunt one more season was worth $148.

BTW, the 500 primers aren’t due to arrive by UPS until tomorrow, by 7:00 pm. If requested, I can give you a copy of the original invoice when we meet.
I'm sorry to hear your story about your illness I wish you future good health god willing !

Latest posts

Back