.52 Knight Extreme in the house!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsasc

Reaction score
As many of you helpful people on here know, I missed out on one of these last week on GB.

Decided on a whim while I was out doing some much needed Christmas shopping to go to the pre-Christmas gun show in Novi. 900 tables, who knows what might be there. While walking down the last row I spot a Knight Disc in what turned out to be in not the greatest condition. The guy was practically begging me to make an offer as he was lowering the price. With out tools to take apart I just couldn't take the chance. Another guy working the table next to him says hey, I've got one you might be interested in. He says but it's a 52 caliber not too many are intrested. I took one look at it and said how much he said make an offer I said $225. It was priced at 280 he said sold. Stainless with thumbhole stock. Came with 6 packages of Knight red hot 325 gr sabots, 60 total and a box of 100 red primer jackets. Thing is clean as a whistle.

To say I'm excited about doing my Christmas shopping is an understatement.....yes I did buy my son a couple great hunting knifes for Christmas so my wife was happy too.

As many of you helpful people on here know, I missed out on one of these last week on GB.

Decided on a whim while I was out doing some much needed Christmas shopping to go to the pre-Christmas gun show in Novi. 900 tables, who knows what might be there. While walking down the last row I spot a Knight Disc in what turned out to be in not the greatest condition. The guy was practically begging me to make an offer as he was lowering the price. With out tools to take apart I just couldn't take the chance. Another guy working the table next to him says hey, I've got one you might be interested in. He says but it's a 52 caliber not too many are intrested. I took one look at it and said how much he said make an offer I said $225. It was priced at 280 he said sold. Stainless with thumbhole stock. Came with 6 packages of Knight red hot 325 gr sabots, 60 total and a box of 100 red primer jackets. Thing is clean as a whistle.

To say I'm excited about doing my Christmas shopping is an understatement.....yes I did buy my son a couple great hunting knifes for Christmas so my wife was happy too.

The 1-26 twist rate is worth a TON!!!! especially with todays modern projectiles

Just needs a Lehigh plug and non FPJ adapter if its a Extreme type rifle. LRH should be the same also. You got a smoking deal if its a LRH.

Good for you, you’re not going to be disappointed,and you got a smoking deal, merry Christmas and good luck with your new toy

The breach plug is one of these extended inward. I own a couple Knights but have never seen this type. One question is.......excuse my dumbness....what is a LRH.

Sorry but I just renewed my collecting and shooting ML passion.

Greg

LRH is the Long Range Hunter

Longer spiral fluted barrel and completely different laminate stocks.

No mask........but I sure felt I should have. Of course I didn't start jumping and yelling till I got outside.

And thanks for explaining the LRH question. It has the synthetic thumbhole stock. But the LRH sounds interesting.

I'm definitely a collector of hard to find subsections of firearm manufacturers. I've been a Winchester 22 collector for close to 30 years. Only collect some of the bolts made from 1937 to 1941 called Dualsights. Before messing with these I collected 1876 and 1895's in the hard to find calibers. I like the rare and different. That's why I had to have the .52.

Other than ONLY being able to get sabots from Knight the 52cal is a great rifle. You can always drop a Extreme 50cal barrel kit into your parts if you wanted. Its super simple to do.

I love the Knight t-hole stocks. That was a smoking deal.

I believe the 375 Red Hots are designed to be used with a big load... like 150 of T7 ( check the manual please ). I’ve used them with lighter loads and the still seem like over kill and kick like a Mule. I use the Lehigh 275s with 100 of BH 209 and think they are the bomb.

I actually have a 100 or so of the 375s if anyone wants a deal on them.

Congrats, you’ll like it.. the big hole takes a little weight off.
Good luck.

Back