.52 Knight Extreme in the house!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Knight t-hole stocks. That was a smoking deal.

I believe the 375 Red Hots are designed to be used with a big load... like 150 of T7 ( check the manual please ). I’ve used them with lighter loads and the still seem like over kill and kick like a Mule. I use the Lehigh 275s with 100 of BH 209 and think they are the bomb.

I actually have a 100 or so of the 375s if anyone wants a deal on them.
That load (375 on 150gr) sounds painful. Are those a .50 in a .52 sabot? If i had the .52 that bullet is the one i would shoot.

Larry, I would be interested in talking about the 375's.

Sent you a PM.

Thanks,
Greg

This 52 came with the power stem breech plug. What do you guys think of these? Is there another breech plug I should get as well.

Thanks,
Greg

I would not use the Powerstem plug. Main reason is you cant swab past the stem. Plus IIRC you need at least a 130gr load of Triple7 to use it.

130ish grain by volume of BH209 will give you as much speed as the Powerstem plug and 150gr by volume of Triple7. You cant use the Powerstem with BH209. You will need the Lehigh plug and NFPJ adapter.....You really want the Lehigh bare primer conversion regardless of what powder you plan to use.

Try 325 ftx in front of 110 grains of 777, that load shoots one hole with my lrh. I think dean bowling shoots the same load except he uses bh 209 with good results also , and that bullet has proven to me to be devastating on deer. good luck with it you’re going to love it. I still don’t understand the lack of popularity with the 52. Seems to be perfect with the faster twist. and yes it’s a little lighter

Also I have a lrh in a disc extreme th stock. Fits perfect and way lighter than the big bulky laminate th that came with the one I bought new, however the big stock is perfect in a box blind , not so good in a stalking situation

Midsouth has those 325gr FTX blems on sale atm....REALLY good bullet for the 52 that dont cost a lot. They got the 458 250gr Monoflex also for less recoil.

This 52 came with the power stem breech plug. What do you guys think of these? Is there another breech plug I should get as well.

Thanks,
Greg

The Power Stem came about as a way to improve the powder burning process of the powder. Instead of igniting a long column of powder at the base of the powder - they used to the Power Stem to ignite the middle of the powder column. Same thought as used in military cannon ignition. There was a velocity increase with the Stem ignition. As I remember it was not significant but definitely improved ignition and total burn.

I converted most of mine to use Lehigh vent liners

upload_2019-12-23_11-31-0.jpeg

Think Scott covered the reasons that I chose not to use it.

I would think and as GM-54 has suggested the Lehigh primer adapter and bare primer breech plug is the best way to go.

Primer adapter

Bare Primer Breech Plug for Knight DISC - Elite Extreme & others

Follow this link:

https://sskfirearms.lehighdefense.c...leloader/f11-firearms-components,breech-plugs

Since its an Extreme the conversion is literally a couple minute job to swap out parts. No special tools needed. Its very simple to do. Bolt comes out without tools. Drop the adapter in the bolt. Remove the breach plug and replace it with the Lehigh plug. Put your bolt back in the action. Buy some standard Win209 primers or WinT7s if using Triple7 powder.....Very good chance you are done.

Only thing you need is a deep well socket and a 1/4 drive ratchet with extension. A small allen to snug the vent liner in the plug. A tiny bit of anti sieze for the vent liner.

Latest posts

Back