6.5x50 Arisaka

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the process of putting together a 8 bore flinter right now , will go well with the caplock.

Well ya can't just leave me hanging here on the edge of my chair without more info....
Kit/parts set, rebuilding an original or is it a scratch build?
Brass, silver or iron furniture?
Where are you getting the lock, stock, barrel and furniture?
Do you have pictures?

Archie it is a Purdey Sporting Rifle that is being scratch build , the barrel is a Ed Ryal  swamped piece with 1:72 round bottom rifling. All the furniture was sourced from TOW in cast steel. The lock is from Ken Netting and he reworked and aged it as well.

No pics at this moment but as soon as I have the parts here i'll make some and post them.

Spitfire said:
No pics at this moment but as soon as I have the parts here i'll make some and post them.
Don't hold your breath Archie. Spit was going to post some pics of his African animals that he's bagged. That was several months ago and they haven't shown up yet.  :Questuon:

8 bore? what is that about an .83" ball?  Or do you just patch a volkswagon and stuff that down the barrel?  That is actually a pretty good idea, turn the headlights on and you won't even need to aim at deer, they will jump out in front of it.......

Yeah the 8 bore measure .835 , will have to double patch that v-dub otherwise it'll just fall into the barrel  :lol: 

Pato ...patience . I don't hunt with a camera so pics need to be taken this year  :oops:

Spitfire said:
Pato ...patience . I don't hunt with a camera so pics need to be taken this year  :oops:
 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:  Patience, what's that?  :scratch: 

Latest posts

Back