9X or 10X bino's for $300 or less

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encoreguy

Reaction score
Any suggestion on a good pair of Bino's for $300 or less. I need something that works well in the first and last 1/2 hour of legal hunting light. My old Bushnell 10X42 just are not doing the job. Therefore I need at least a 42 mm objective on a 10X. Any sugestions?

A 10x50 would be brighter if you are looking for something for low light. If you divide the objective lens by the power it should come out to 5 if you are loooking for something that will perform best in low light.

I know that you are right, it is just hard to find good glass in a somewhat compact size for $300. Most 10X50 compacts with good glass run around $500 and up. 10X50 is what I want. The Wind river Olympics, Burris Signature and Pentax SP's all have that, but at a price.

I have the wind river mesas @ 10x50 and they are pretty good for under $200 or so

Nikon Monarch ATB 8x 42MM
Available at www.hotbuyselectronics.com for $215 plus shipping.
You will be very happy.

10x might be a few bucks more, but the larger field of view with 8x makes the 8x my preference.

BR's from the cob pile.

Corncob said:
Nikon Monarch ATB 8x 42MM
Available at www.hotbuyselectronics.com for $215 plus shipping.
You will be very happy.

10x might be a few bucks more, but the larger field of view with 8x makes the 8x my preference.

BR's from the cob pile.

I have the Monark ATB 8x42. I think they are a great choice unless 10x is needed. I would buy them again! :D

charlie

I have a couple pairs of the Pentax PCF 10x50's. I never go to the deer woods or turkey woods without them anymore. They are excellent in low light and the glass is real clear for the price. Not a compact bino by any means but easy to carry using a Crooked Horn Outfitter's Slide & Flex Bino System strap. I'm sure there are much better binos but for the price, these are worth taking a look at!
http://www.riflescopes.com/departme...ax_binoculars/pentax_pcf_wp_ii_binoculars.htm

I have been carrying a pair of Nikon Action 10X50's for the last 4 years.

They are big, heavy, great in low light, very good clarity, and I wouldn't leave home without them.

If my hunting consisted of walking miles a day or very steep terrain I would probably go back to compacts, but the full size 10x50 really suit my hunting just fine.

Kim

I stopped by Gander mountain and looked at Windriver Cascades, Nikon monarch and Pentax HD II all run about the same price. I would rate the Pentax slightly the best, Nikon 2nd and Cascade 3rd, all by a very close margin. Do you think that 8 power is enough magnification for scouting and hunting? That would solve the low light issue.

It really depends on the type of hunting you do but I find 8X binoculars more than adequate for the majority of hunting that I do. I'll take a high-quality pair of 8X binos over a poor quality set of 10x binos any day.

Back