A new tiller for the plots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<div align="left">Falcon, I have the one point adapter that you adjust and it uses the weight of the ATV to push it down into the ground. I'll take some pics once its all set up.​
</div>

A good way to smooth the ground after disking take apallet or a piece of chain link fence throw some weight on it and put the atv to work :D

oh heck yeah. I actually have a home made rake so that should work nicely.

Well I got to use it today! Works excellent. Im sure i could go deeper if i had more weight but right now its great for my plot seeds and even regular grass seed. No trouble ripping up the green stuff. I was even pulling that pesky oak brush out with it.

I'll get some pictures later on, but for now. When you guys till with something like this, how fast do you go? Im not sure if i am supposed to just crawl with it or what.

If it's heavy enough, the faster you go, the deeper it goes up to the max. depth determined by the axle holding the individual discs. However, going fast also means more potential damage to components if you hit rocks or dense, tough roots.

It's best to take the first pass slow so any hazards can be identified.

Well I got it in perfectly. About 30 minutes later it rained nicely. Rained again today as well so that will really help out a lot.

Maybe do my other area tomorrow for the sweet beets.

It may take trail and error, but it would be well worth the effort if you can get sweet beets to grow.

I may till my other plot and throw that seed down as well. Should have had 10 days worth of rain but the weatherman screwed us over as usual LOL.

The sweet beets you guys referring to the ones they use to make sugar from ?

i think so. In the cold they turn to sugar, at least thats what the package says lol.

IMG_0304.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

Looks good. That bear will love those sugar beets.

I have to plant my dove field this weekend - milo, millet, sunflowers and cow peas ... 3 acres total.

Oh man! Baiting a bear is a huge fine, and loss of hunting privileges.

what ever grows in my yard for pure beauty isnt bait. Plus its hard to grow anything LOL. Bears come here for the dumpsters.

So you're not allowed to shoot it even if it is a pest on your yard ?

Seen on Mountain men how they damage buildings to get inside.

Back