Ammunition Accountablity

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
I am bringing this over from another forum. Memeber Bronco22000 posted this information.

It should bring some concern to a lot of us.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) it requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July
1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your
gun!

If this information is incorrect please let me know - I will then delete it... but it does cause me some concern. Seems there is always a backdoor into everything.

There has been a push for several years to code all ammo, sort of putting a serial number on each bullet so it can be tracked. This was someing that was on an Obama website (Change.gov under urban affairs if I remember correctly) for a few hours just after the election before they pulled everything about guns off of it. The $2.50 is just a tax to keep track of the ammo, the real cost would be the additional cost of adding a serial number to each bullet. The expected increase in cost would amount to a box of ammo costing approx $100.

Also, the other tax being pushed would add about $350 to a $500 firearm.

If they can't ban them, perhaps taxing them out of most peoples reach would work. Please keep an eye on your politicians. Obama has, contrary to his past record, convinced many that he is pro second amendment. A quick look at who he has nominated for cabinet positions shows he does not have to do the dirty work himself. One bill that we will see in congress this year will allow the AG to ban any gun not deemed to be solely for "sporting" purposes. With majorities in both houses and the White House I can't imagine it wouldn't pass. If Eric Holder, the main gun control advocate of the Clinton administration, is confirmed as the AG I wouldn't expect too many to be legal in the future. Make sure you do everything you can to protect our right for us, and our children.

It's the reason I like muzzleloaders. I believe cartridge guns will become illegal to own in my life time.

Just remember that the people making laws are people that we elected to office. If we don't like what they are doing, visit their office, write letters, and if all else fails, get them out. They can only do what the American people allow them to do because of either complacency or ignorance.

They can only do what the American people allow them to do

Maybe we should let them know that. They have been doing all kinds of stuff we didn't want done for quite some time.

Swampman, I sure hope you're wrong. Here's a statistic for ya. Michigan claims to have an estimated 500,000 deer hunters(rifle). Or at least that has been the claim in years gone by. That would make the 10th largest army in the world. Certainly a few of these sportsmen and women vote.

Thomas Jefferson said in so many words that when a government fails to fulfil the purpose to which it was created that it was time to replace it. our congress is way past that point.all these bailouts are unconstitutional from what i understand.After Obama is in I can easily see gun laws changing for the worse. I wish I had put my 401k into bushmaster stock as here in nc ar16 type guns are selling like crazy to beat out the new administrations insanity.

The problem is there aren't very many hunters and pro-gun people in the highly populated Obama areas; just ignorant people looking for hand-outs!!! Just look at a Red/Blue map of the last election.

I wish I had put my 401k into bushmaster stock as here in nc ar16 type guns are selling like crazy to beat out the new administrations insanity.

In a few months that stock probably isn't going to worth much. I'm thinking those that bought semi-autos will get a $100.00 from the government when they are required to turn them in.

Swampman said:
I wish I had put my 401k into bushmaster stock as here in nc ar16 type guns are selling like crazy to beat out the new administrations insanity.

In a few months that stock probably isn't going to worth much. I'm thinking those that bought semi-autos will get a $100.00 from the government when they are required to turn them in.
Whoops. It was stolen. Sorry I forgot to report that. :roll:

We'd like to think that will work. I don't believe it will for even a second.

that's why you should pick up all of your guns second hand. There's no reason for anyone to know what you own.

1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

Ya know.....I could think of a few ways to "destroy" my uncoded ammunition :twisted:

sick of this

Well we do deserve the govt we get dont we? After all they were elected to work for us so who's fault is it theirs or ours? What's the old saying " we have met the enemy and they are us" How many out there held their noses and voted for " change"? Well , you got it didnt you?Those of us who now must sit back and take it are not only gonna have to fight for our rights , but the rights of those who voted them away.Personally I cant wait to point my finger at every non-voter and obama/democrat voter and remind them that ITS YOUR FAULT. These bolshevicks made it clear who and what they are and exactly what they intended to do but were voted in anyway.Too many people just didnt/dont care. Sooo we got what we deserve. Now we get to stockpile our supplies and grab as much ordnance as we can before the axe falls on the 2nd Ammendment.THEN we get to try to figure out where we can enjoy our late right to shoot without attracting big brothers attention.AND when that is no longer possible , what do we do then? An uninformed / apathetic voter is more dangerous than a gang banger with an AK ever drempt of being.Well , now we have a bombblast of a wake up call and a vertical learning curve. The time to get moving has LONG since passed.Now its damage control so lets get ready to fight to keep what's ours. Write , call, find good Americans to run for office and support those already there and make the'10 congressional elections a signal event in the history of the Republic.The Army motto is most appropriate her " This we'll defend" P.S. Thanks for the rant...

If that presidential election was honest why can I not find any body around here that will admit voting for him. Lee

I cann't blame-em,i wouldn't own up to it either if i had voted for him
Lee 9 said:
If that presidential election was honest why can I not find any body around here that will admit voting for him. Lee

1, 2011.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

Lee 9 said:

I still can not believe that 51% of the voting population could not see through that mans lies and half truths. My grandmother used to say "Ignorance is bliss" Lets see how blissful the 51%'ers are when the truth is finally seen.

Back