Another tame deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
I spent another weekend at the lake to finish up getting it ready for winter. Deer movement were slow as compared to 2 weeks ago. The buck that looked like he was going to get in the van wasn't around. Late saturday afternoon a buck finally showed up and started to help himself to the feed. At first he looked like a nice 5 X 6 until I got up close to him. He actually had 4 more stickers between the base of his antlers and his brow tine. The picture clearly shows 3 of them. He did have a 4th makeing him a 10 X 5. Here's a picture

Picture272.jpg

I also took a video of him as I walk up. It's seems a little over exposed. Will have to read my manual and change some settings. I've been trying to down load that video but am having problems. I've deleted several pictures from photobucket to make room for it. I keep trying and if I do, I'll post it.

RAF -
Cool stuff. How far do you have to go to find a wild one?
BR's Cob

Cob, 5 or 6 miles gets me out of the resort village and game preserve. Have hunted there and the deer have an entirely different attitude. Lots of deer and tracks everywhere but seldom see one. I did take one buck there and that's it.

Hey RAF,
Awesome photos!! :yeah: What lake is you cabin on? I may have to look into some Northern Saskatchewan real estate!! :wink:

We're at Candle lake. If you're interested, bring MONEY :) . Prices here have sky rocketed. Cabin go on the market and are gone right away. Asking price doesn't seem to matter. I don't know where all the money is coming from :? . A fellow came to see me on Saturday. He saw the name out front some time ago but I wasn't around and he wanted to see me. We used to work together and he quit in 1974. He changed, as have I, and I didn't recognize him. Anyway he bought a lot over by the golf course for 75G :shock: . Told me they're going for between 75 and 100G. I'm going to have to get my place appraised and then calm down with several stiff ones :wink:

Wow!! 75G just for the lot!! If you weren't already retired, I'd say sell and retire!!

Been retired 5 1/2 years. When I built, got the lot from the Gov't for 4700 and put another 20G or so into it. Figure it's well over $100G today. No selling here though. Like the place too much :wink: Got lots of walleye and pike fishing and since I took up golf again have a beautifull 18 hole golf course to play on in the mornings. Winter, although cold, is nice up there too. Lots of snowmobile trails and ice fishing too.

Well, I'm back up here again. It's a little crisp :) but not as much snow as at home. Hope to get some more pictures, but we'll see. Put some feed out last night after we arrived and noticed this morning that most was gone. I'll put out some more and see what happens. We'll see if any bucks show up. Might depend on the rut which is probably on here now.

No more pictures to show you :cry: . Only deer I saw at the feeder, during the day, was a spike buck. I guess all the good buck are too tired to eat :wink: . Deer were coming by during the night and cleaning up the feed, but have no idea what they were. I'm sure that when the rut is over I'll see more again.

Back