Any other decent ramrod besides Hubbards??????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
Called Metrics Unlimited today to order a 5/8" b.plug for my Huntsman. That was easy enough. But when I called Ben Hubbard to purchase a ramrod for my 26" barrel he said he's not making them right now as ....now get this.......CAN'T BUY THE NEEDED MATERIAL TO MAKE THE RODS!!!! He took down my contact info and said as soon as he can obtain the material he will certainly make me one. Now this should NOT be taken as a bash against Hubbard. I have seen first hand several instances lately where common materials and supplies are no longer available or are very scarce. He was very nice and I'm sure if he finds some brass the rod he makes me will be excellent, but I need a better rod than the factory one sooner than later. Sooooooooo...........any other options for a decent rod for my Huntsman? The factory rod just does not cut it.

I had a problem finding just what I wanted in a ramrod so I went to the Hardware and bought some aluminium doll the right diameter. Actually I made a brass one first but thought it was to heavy. I center drill both ends since I use 10-32 accessories that's what I tapped both ends. Takes about 20 minutes to make one since I use a drill press with a mill table instead of a lathe. It would be difficult to do by hand but not impossible.

I still want a Hubbard rod and am willing to wait until he gets material. Just need a better rod for the time being. I'll google GIramrod and see what they have.

Latest posts

Back