Anyone put the Accura guarantee to the test?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was never terribly impressed with a two week window. We all know how life is. **it happens. You get the gun and for various reasons can't get out to shoot. Bad weather? Death in the family? Maybe you won't have all the bullets lined up you wanna try. I have three guns I trust out to 200 yds. LHR Redemption, T/C Omega, and this will raise a few eye brows but Knight Vision bare primer I bought a number of years ago. Just my opinion for what it's worth to you.

Yes, you would have to be ready to go. Thanks for your replies everyone. I am interested in the Knight DE especially at the price. Couple questions: What is the "Red FPJ" and what is the Lehigh Breech Plug and why would they help? I like BH 209, will it shoot this without the addition of these recommendations?

pre-loaded-fpj.jpg
red Full Plastic Jacket (FPJ)
Lehighs breech plug with replaceable liners.
https://sskfirearms.lehighdefense.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=259Lehighs adapter for the bare primer
https://sskfirearms.lehighdefense.com/all-products?product_id=258Bh209 will probably work in it as is. Problem is it leaks a lot and sometimes bh209 hates to be in a leaky system. May hangfire, or fail to fire, or weak partial burn. The knights (like all stock MLs) can benefit from some improvements. But are not absolutely necessary

I also had that feeling But then I think if I owned the company and had enough confidence in my product to put that kind of guarantee on I would be happy if every shooter in the country/world tried my product. Just my thought. Thanks for your reply.
All true but I have seen thousands more MOA rifles than I’ve seen MOA shooters.

My thought is their guarantee is less about putting 3 bullets in the bulls eye and more about “try our rifle” and I wondered if anyone on this board had taken them up on in and (if dissatisfied) was the guarantee honored. Thanks all.

Thanks again all for the help. I did order the Knight DE. $434 out the door after tax and ship. Have a scope and Still need some rings but excited.
Good deal. I'm sure you will be happy!
Now get the Lehigh bare primer plug and adapter and you are all set! You probably know this, but for BH209 you need hotter primers... don't use the reduced versions (T7, etc). I personally use W209's in my Knights with the Lehigh setup. They are a smidge longer and I get a perfect seal with zero blowback, and perfect ignition every time. I look forward to some range reports! :lewis:

Thanks again all for the help. I did order the Knight DE. $434 out the door after tax and ship. Have a scope and Still need some rings but excited.
Congrats, you made a great purchase, best of luck, all my knights are shooters

All true but I have seen thousands more MOA rifles than I’ve seen MOA shooters.
Its amazing. I hear a lot of guys talk about shooting 600 yards and talk about it like its a casual thing. I just smile to myself and pay no attention. Most are legends in their own minds. They think (assume) that just because you hit a target at 100 yards you just aim appropriately higher and your bullet will automatically go to 600 yards.

The latest is just buy a 6.5 Creedmore and your sniper school certified.

Good deal. I'm sure you will be happy!
Now get the Lehigh bare primer plug and adapter and you are all set! You probably know this, but for BH209 you need hotter primers... don't use the reduced versions (T7, etc). I personally use W209's in my Knights with the Lehigh setup. They are a smidge longer and I get a perfect seal with zero blowback, and perfect ignition every time. I look forward to some range reports! :lewis:
So just by using the two links provided by MichiganMuzzy it takes me to the two items and the cost is about $31? Want to make sure I’m ordering the right thing. Also, when I spoke to Knight I was told the gun would shoot blackhorn 209 as is. Is that not the case?

FPJs will fire BH209 but they leak pretty bad. The plug itself is marginal for BH209 so as loads vary so will reliability with BH209. It very critical to keep the FPJ breech plug flash channel clean with a drill bit. The Lehigh plug is more forgiving and the vent liner is easily replaced when it wears out. It still needs to be cleaned but ive gotten some very lengthy range sessions in without any need to clean the flash channel.

Curley, I bought an Elite in auction and followed the advise of these fellows. I bought the plug and adapter. I shot it 9 times last Friday. No leaks around the primer. No leaks around the business end of the plug either. The plug came out easily and all the grease was undisturbed. No gases got into the threads around the plug. I was really happy with the conversion. Clean up was a breeze.

Ive bought around 6-7 Lehigh plugs over the years and i wont ever got back to the FPJs. Its $31 and about $8 shipping. He ships fast too. Machine quality is great. Just beautiful work. Better steel too than the OEM plug. OEM is 416 and the Lehigh is 17-4 which is stronger and more corrosion resistant.

I did order the plug and adapter. Is there a video for installing? Also had a question about sighting in. With my Optima I tried to scrub the barrel with a brush after every shot to achieve consistency. Is that the method with the Knight also and if not how many shots do you shoot before taking it apart? Thanks for all your help.

I use T7 so I do a swab between each shot. Windex patch up and down a few times and feel the crud ring. Move it back and forth over the crud ring a few times. Pull the patch, flip it over and do it again. Then a dry patch the same way. The guys who use the holy BH do it different.

Last edited:
I did order the plug and adapter. Is there a video for installing? Also had a question about sighting in. With my Optima I tried to scrub the barrel with a brush after every shot to achieve consistency. Is that the method with the Knight also and if not how many shots do you shoot before taking it apart? Thanks for all your help.
If you can remove the bolt and the breech plug you can do the install of the new breech plug and adapter. The adapter literally just drops into the nose of the bolt. Cant put it in wrong. The breech plug is just the opposite of removal- remove bolt, unscrew breech plug with a socket or the breechplug tool, put grease or antiseize on the plug threads and screw it into the breech, tighten, reinstall the bolt.
As for cleaning, i havent used a brush at the range in a while. Like snapbang said, couple passes with damp then dry patch is usually plenty to clean up between shots. With BH209 i dont even do that, a dry patch every 10 shots. Just be consistent whatever you do.

I use T7 so I do a swab between each shot. Windex patch up and down a few times and feel the crud ring. Move it back and forth over the crud ring a few times. Pul the patch, flip it over and do it again. Then a dry patch the same way. The guys whole use the holy BH do it different.

The ONLY way I could get any consistentcy with T7, was to totally clean after every shot. What a PITB.

So just by using the two links provided by MichiganMuzzy it takes me to the two items and the cost is about $31? Want to make sure I’m ordering the right thing. Also, when I spoke to Knight I was told the gun would shoot blackhorn 209 as is. Is that not the case?

If you ordered them, you are all set. And what MichiganMuzzy said is correct, super simple to install. And fwiw, Knight is correct... it will shoot BH209 as is. Its just 10x better with the Lehigh bare primer setup, than the Red FPJ, imho.
Search Sabotloader's posts on Knight Disc's... he has some great picture tutorials on the Lehigh setup. Also, I use white pipe tape on my BP, he's got a tutorial on that also. Maybe he'll chime in here and make it easy.

If you ordered them, you are all set. And what MichiganMuzzy said is correct, super simple to install. And fwiw, Knight is correct... it will shoot BH209 as is. Its just 10x better with the Lehigh bare primer setup, than the Red FPJ, imho.
Search Sabotloader's posts on Knight Disc's... he has some great picture tutorials on the Lehigh setup. Also, I use white pipe tape on my BP, he's got a tutorial on that also. Maybe he'll chime in here and make it easy.
Ordered them today. Knight says gun will take 3-4 weeks. Anyone have a suggestion for rings? Not just a brand but which ones?

Latest posts

Back