Anyone put the Accura guarantee to the test?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rings depends on the bases you want to use. A nice affordable ring are the Leupold PRW2 or Warnes Horizontals. Price climbs pretty fast after that. Warnes or Leupold QRW steel bases. Only problem with this setup is you need to pay close attention to scope specs. Such as eye relief and the amount of mounting space available between the bells.

Lows should accommodate 40mm and smaller objective. Medium will handle at least a 44mm obj bell.

I'm between ML's right now. Only one I've owned has been the Optima V2 which I sold. I'm looking for something that's more accurate hopefully to 200 yards. I'm told I should go to the TC Pro Hunter FX (Encore), but since CVA has a 2 week window where you can return an Accura V2 if you don't like it I thought of trying that first. Does anyone have experience with their accuracy guarantee?
No I couldn't be happier with my Accura MR. Shooting Barnes 250 gr EZ with2 T7 magnum pellets

Thanks for your input Booty and I'm glad you are happy with it.

The Accura MR has served me well. Light, holds groups well. I have done very well on the bench out to 150 yards. But at my age i use it mainly for a wood rifle, I like the way it carries. I was better with the old t/c black diamond xr for long range. You cannot beat in my old humble opinion a 1 piece stock for that. Never have owned a Knight but they do interest me with their design. Good luck with ever way you go.

The Accura MR has served me well. Light, holds groups well. I have done very well on the bench out to 150 yards. But at my age i use it mainly for a wood rifle, I like the way it carries. I was better with the old t/c black diamond xr for long range. You cannot beat in my old humble opinion a 1 piece stock for that. Never have owned a Knight but they do interest me with their design. Good luck with ever way you go.
Glad your Accura is treating you well. At the suggestion of a couple of others on the board I chose the Knight disc extreme and I’m excited to try it! Hope to put a good report on here once I get going.

Rings depends on the bases you want to use. A nice affordable ring are the Leupold PRW2 or Warnes Horizontals. Price climbs pretty fast after that. Warnes or Leupold QRW steel bases. Only problem with this setup is you need to pay close attention to scope specs. Such as eye relief and the amount of mounting space available between the bells.

Lows should accommodate 40mm and smaller objective. Medium will handle at least a 44mm obj bell.
I received the things from Lehigh, thanks for the advise. For the base and rings, when I go through the "find my rings" on Leupold it suggests the QRW Remington 541 2 piece base 49866 and the PRW2 1" Medium. My scope is 40mm so should use the recommended base (2 piece) and same rings only in low?

I received the things from Lehigh, thanks for the advise. For the base and rings, when I go through the "find my rings" on Leupold it suggests the QRW Remington 541 2 piece base 49866 and the PRW2 1" Medium. My scope is 40mm so should use the recommended base (2 piece) and same rings only in low?
Number on rings is 174080

Some Loopie rings tend to be lower than other brands. I THINK you will be pretty happy with those bases and PRW2 med rings. The rear base can go in either set of holes and the base can be turned around. You will have a little wiggle room but not much.

Sure wish you could still find the rear base that had 2-3 slots and used all 3 mounting holes. I forgot who used to make those bases.
PRW2/QRW2 1" low are .730 to center and med are .85 SO their low is REALLY low.

Last edited:
Some Loopie rings tend to be lower than other brands. I THINK you will be pretty happy with those bases and PRW2 med rings. The rear base can go in either set of holes and the base can be turned around. You will have a little wiggle room but not much.

Sure wish you could still find the rear base that had 2-3 slots and used all 3 mounting holes. I forgot who used to make those bases.
PRW2/QRW2 1" low are .730 to center and med are .85 SO their low is REALLY low.
I'll order the medium rings and the bases mentioned above. Got to thinking I have some leupold rings on a centerfire rifle. Are there any markings on them to signify L, M, H?

I use T7 so I do a swab between each shot. Windex patch up and down a few times and feel the crud ring. Move it back and forth over the crud ring a few times. Pull the patch, flip it over and do it again. Then a dry patch the same way. The guys who use the holy BH do it different.

I'm curious. Do you use the muzzleloader primers instead of the shotgun primers with the T7?

My Disc Extreme arrived today. The Lehigh Breech Plug and Bare Primer Adapter arrived a couple days ago. It seems simple, replace the Knight breech plug with the Lehigh using the wrench/pipe provided and slip the adaptor on the end of the bolt, then put the bolt in. When the bolt is open and pulled back it looks like a small "window" is created. Can I just drop a primer in that window, sideways and pointed in the right direction, and close the bolt the primer will slide into the breech plug end? Or, is there more to it? Also, where is the vent liner I've read may need replacing at some point?

Yep just drop it in and close the bolt. Thats the simplistic beauty of its design.
The vent liner is in the front of the breech plug. The end that is now inside the barrel where the powder will get dumped onto it when loading.

Yep just drop it in and close the bolt. Thats the simplistic beauty of its design.
The vent liner is in the front of the breech plug. The end that is now inside the barrel where the powder will get dumped onto it when loading.
Thank you MM. It is a slick set up. I have Leupold mounts and rings coming from Optics Planet and I’m pretty excited to put it all together.

The Accura MR is a very nice rifle if you dont need iron sights. It would be an even better rifle in 45cal :p
my 50 MR is just fantastic IMO. I put an Ace-in the Hole picatinny peep mount and QD rings w scope. Just a sweet accurate light weight dependable piece. Iron sights or scope it performs.
CVA has come a long way.

my 50 MR is just fantastic IMO. I put an Ace-in the Hole picatinny peep mount and QD rings w scope. Just a sweet accurate light weight dependable piece. Iron sights or scope it performs.
CVA has come a long way.
I just wish that the .45 MR-X was as good as the .50 MR. By some accounts it isn’t. I really wanted to get one but I just don’t have faith in it right now.

Latest posts

Back