Anyone put the Accura guarantee to the test?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curley

Reaction score
I'm between ML's right now. Only one I've owned has been the Optima V2 which I sold. I'm looking for something that's more accurate hopefully to 200 yards. I'm told I should go to the TC Pro Hunter FX (Encore), but since CVA has a 2 week window where you can return an Accura V2 if you don't like it I thought of trying that first. Does anyone have experience with their accuracy guarantee?

The only CVA i ever had to send back was an Optima Elite 50 cal. Had a super tight barrel..i dont know what they did but i got it back a couple weeks later and it was great. That was a long time ago.

Knight has a 200 yd guarantee, American made, I don’t know if the disc extreme is still on sale, check the website. great shooters

Just checked the website, still on clearance, 349, thats a great price on a great gun

[QUOTElly but since CVA has a 2 week window where you can return an Accura V2 if you don't like it I thought of trying that first.
[/QUOTE]
If you’re not sure then send it back. You can always buy another one.

Great point. I hope that’s not fudging too much but it sure seems like a great way to try out a couple of different muzzleloaders. Really I would think every manufacturer with a guarantee would be happy if you tried their rifle.

When I click in the disc extreme that’s on sale ( either xtra straight or max 1 straight) it says “ all firearm sales are final-no returns on rifles”. So, not able to return?

I'm between ML's right now. Only one I've owned has been the Optima V2 which I sold. I'm looking for something that's more accurate hopefully to 200 yards. I'm told I should go to the TC Pro Hunter FX (Encore), but since CVA has a 2 week window where you can return an Accura V2 if you don't like it I thought of trying that first. Does anyone have experience with their accuracy guarantee?
I bought an Accura PR. Liked it so much, I bought another. Sub 1" groups. This year, that 1" is suddenly 5"! I was shooting 250 gr SST, MMP 3PEZ sabot, 100 gr BH209, CCI 209M, BH209 breechplug. I changed bullets and charge. Tried crush rib sabot. Not getting any change. Finally tried MMP HPH 12 sabot. 3 shots were a perfect 2 1/2" triangle. Hmmm. Went to the MMP HPH 24 (still with the 250gr SST). 3 shots and I had one hole, maybe 3/4". About a 5/8" center to center group. Rifles change with use. You just have to find the right combination. It is frustrating, expensive and time consuming, but doable. I trust my rifle to 200 yards.

When I click in the disc extreme that’s on sale ( either xtra straight or max 1 straight) it says “ all firearm sales are final-no returns on rifles”. So, not able to return?
i believe if you have an accuracy problem you can send it back and they will check it out and go from there

Great point. I hope that’s not fudging too much but it sure seems like a great way to try out a couple of different muzzleloaders. Really I would think every manufacturer with a guarantee would be happy if you tried their rifle.

These guns are not vehicles so "testing" a gun and returning it if it doesn't measure up to your standards I think is just wrong. Go find people at a range that have inlines and ask to shoot them....or better yet offer to pay them to shoot the guns with different loads [I think most would simply let you have at it for a few shots, no charge].

The big thing is the person testing these guns has to be able to shoot good enough to test the guarantee if they cant then no gun will live up to it.

This.
Most folks that I've seen shoot... can't hold groups at 200yds with any rifle, much less a ML that has so many variables relating to accuracy.
Me, I'd buy the Knight... they are a heck of a rifle, and for that money its a great value. I know it will shoot, if the shooter can do their part.

These guns are not vehicles so "testing" a gun and returning it if it doesn't measure up to your standards I think is just wrong. Go find people at a range that have inlines and ask to shoot them....or better yet offer to pay them to shoot the guns with different loads [I think most would simply let you have at it for a few shots, no charge].
I also had that feeling But then I think if I owned the company and had enough confidence in my product to put that kind of guarantee on I would be happy if every shooter in the country/world tried my product. Just my thought. Thanks for your reply.

This.
Most folks that I've seen shoot... can't hold groups at 200yds with any rifle, much less a ML that has so many variables relating to accuracy.
Me, I'd buy the Knight... they are a heck of a rifle, and for that money its a great value. I know it will shoot, if the shooter can do their part.
Which knight? DE?

This.
So true, my buddy came over recently to shoot his de 52 cal, three shots looked like buckshot, I knew the gun I helped dial it in last year. so i took a few , damm thing drives tacks. so i know we never want to blame ourselves, but sometimes lts just us not the gun, everyone has a bad day from time to time, I would get the knight

Which knight? DE?

Yes, for the money its a great rifle. The DE will drive tacks and is a super nice rifle. I would get the Red FPJ option, then buy the Lehigh Breechplug/adapter setup for bare primers. All my Knight disc rifles are set up this way, love it.

For me personally, if I was buying a new ML it would be a fast twist .45 UL....but that's a whole different conversation 😁

The big thing is the person testing these guns has to be able to shoot good enough to test the guarantee if they cant then no gun will live up to it.

Not only that but also working up some different loads and finding a good one. Dropping a few pellets or a max load down the barrel with any ol’bullet and sabot may not yield good results. Not the guns fault.

Back