Barnes T-EZ any good?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohihunter2014

Reaction score
Thinking about trying these this year with BH209 or 777 loose. Probably use 777 loose though due to not having much BH209. How's accuracy and performance in 50cal?

They are no better than the Expander MZ which cost less and expands easier unless the few extra BC points are wanted. I have not used many of the TEZs but i have shot the 300gr TTSX made for 458SOCOM. Those were really effective for me one year and shot good in that rifle.

I use the 250 grain, .45 cal XPB and the .44 cal 225 grain XPB in my .50 cal inlines, the latter in my Optima pistol, and both expand nicely. Last year I had a shot at 167 yards [ranged with a finder] with the rifle and the 250 grainer and it did a wonderful job on a nice doe. She went about 22 steps. Not a huge hole but maybe 2-1/2 times the original bullet diameter. The buck I got with the pistol this year dropped straight down and never moved again. The XPBs are just a nice, accurate, shooting bullet that performs very well at muzzy speeds.

Excellent bullet.
1BLNaacl.jpg

Travis299 's picture says it all. Been using the 250TEZ for 10 years in 3 different CVA's with 100-110 gr BH209 hard to beat them.

TEZ Barnes kill deer dead. Shot several deer with this bullet and have no complaints, nor have I heard any from my friends that use them. Come to think of it the deer have not issued any complaint either.

Had the best results with these bullets... only thing I did was change to Harvester Black sabots.... Never had to track more than 60 yrds.

Same thing I did and they are easy to load in my Omega’s and accurate.
Great results on game as well.

We've shot three deer in the last few years with the 290gr TEZ, very devastating bullet!!!!

Thinking about trying these this year with BH209 or 777 loose. Probably use 777 loose though due to not having much BH209. How's accuracy and performance in 50cal?
All the Barnes are great bullets! Personally I like the original MZ, as my shots are 120 or less yards. Plenty accurate and definitely open up well. No problem tracking for sure!

how do the thors compare since they are both a barnes bullet, also what size sabot would i use for a knight 501 bore?? thanks
Not sure what you're asking but here goes. The Thor's are a fifty cal bullet. You can get a sizing pack with four bullets that are .500 .501 .502 .503. Order the one that fits best moderate pressure.

Latest posts

Back