Barnes TMZ

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrlnfshr1

Reaction score
Have been using the 300 g Barnes expanders( w/knight EZ load Or sabot) in my Optima with good success and recently tried the Spit Fire TMZ's (Barnes yellow sabot) and was impressed with the tighter groups and flatter trajectory. Picked up some Knight Poloymer tipped ultimate slam bullets with the blue e-z load locally and although they load easily, the groups opened up a bit. Where can I get sabots for .451cal boat-tail bullets.

I just bought 2 bags of the yellow sabots from Knight. They charge $7.99 plus shipping for a bag of 50. This is for the Boattail version of the TMZ. I don't think Knight is selling the flatbased version yet.

ShawnT

Aren't they the same bullet Packaged for knight but just w/an easy load sabot(the blue vs. the yellow)?

Yes:
The Blue and the Yellow Sabots, they both are made via Banes are atleast market as made via Barnes
Deebo said:
Aren't they the same bullet Packaged for knight but just w/an easy load sabot(the blue vs. the yellow)?

So basically, might as well shoot the TMZ. Same bullet, tighter sabot.

Back