Barrel I.D. ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I admit I must have had some kind of brain burp when I posted a link to a G series Whitetail. However. I stand by my assertion that there were indeed Armstech Super 91s. All for naught though because even if it were that doesn't identify the barrel maker.
It is nice to know what kind of barrel is on your rifle but, in the end, if it shoots well, what is the difference

I admit I must have had some kind of brain burp when I posted a link to a G series Whitetail. However. I stand by my assertion that there were indeed Armstech Super 91s. All for naught though because even if it were that doesn't identify the barrel maker.
It is nice to know what kind of barrel is on your rifle but, in the end, if it shoots well, what is the difference
Youre a good man flounder . At least you didnt daf--out cuz your sugar was off lol . You are ultimately right , it dont matter if it shoots . Seems to me there is MUCH detailed stuff to remember around here about these Whites . We arent gettin any younger to remember it all either . The fact you care is much more important than anytbing . My 2 cents....wbat you give is worth alot more than that ......

Ok DWB's spent the better part of the morning reading on Doc's site and here is what ive ciphered . About all of Docs earlier GRRW barrels were Douglas barrels until they couldnt keep up and/or he got his own tooling to manufactuer them later on . Plumb Center , was their name . The early m90 barrels were probably made in house by them , especially a prototype . Or on the machinery that Used to be there .This could also be true of SOME of the really early production S91 's , the rest being probably Douglas barrels initially . According to what ive read i believe this info to be true . Nothing is written in stone however . This is just my take on what ive read . Short of calling him , youll never know for sure i.e., as long as he'd remember it too .

Latest posts

Back