Best Bullet for .260 Remington

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyzink

Reaction score
Hello , Wondering if anyone has any expertise in what would be a good bullet to shoot in this rifle? Would need to be store bought, no reloading for me, The rifle would have two uses, whitetail deer and coyote hunting, no concerns about hide damage on the dogs. Hunting ranges would be 200 yds and under majority of the time with a few opportunitys of a 400 yard shot. Below is the barrell description:
Description

Barrel:

24" Length 416 Stainless steel bull barrel 6 grooves, right-hand 1x7.5 twist, button rifled
Chambered in .260 Remington
DPMS
Panther? LR 260
Model: RFLR-260

If you are the "blow em up" kind of guy I would go with the 100 or 120gr Ballistic tips. If you are the kind that has the confidence that you will make good shots to the vitals and like an exit wound I would go with the 130 Accubonds.

For me, I would start with the 130gr Nosler Custom Accubonds loads. While they will cost a little more, they are closest thing to a top of the line handload that you can get from a factory. If your guns likes the 130gr bullets there is no reason this ammo can not easily shoot sub 1/2MOA.

JC

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/de ... ber=698627

Back