BH 209 Available Direct from Hodgdon - 8 Ounces for $55.99?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 61k. I can buy a house cheaper.
To replace our 2002 F350 Lariat/Powerstroke with a new 2023 with a Lariat/Powerstroke package with our "A" Plan would be 75,000. Thats why I just spent 16,000 for rust free sheet metal, bodywork, paint, and a bunch of other minor repairs and updates on our current Stroke. Good for another 250,000 miles.

Ordered a Chevy 2500 in March and contracted for sticker price but said I would get at least a $500 discount when delivered. Of course I won’t get it until Nov, Dec,…….

Ford has told dealers that if they try to get above MSRP they could possibly have their dealership pulled. I would call GM and *****.
A car dealer will do what ever it takes and regardless of what it might take to make money. They pull that crap on people all the time and sometimes get away with it. The manufacturers have tried to crack down on the dealers for using BS Plan A's, etc., with some losing their dealership.
I had a lady ask me for a "friends & family" discount and of course she got it. She took it to the dealer and he told her she could get another $500 off if I changed it to Family instead of friends! BS. No way. I should have turned the SOB in to GM. She understood and was happy with her final discount/purchase.

Thanks for the share, Billyboy. It was helpful to a lot of us, I bet!
I just got 2 more small bottles.
This is enough to get me through for a little while- and yeah, I’m not crazy about the price- but let’s just be grateful and try to make the best of this.
Sheesh. This is a muzzleloading forum AND an emotional support group, but let’s not get carried away feeling sorry for ourselves, and angry at The System..

Thanks for the share, Billyboy. It was helpful to a lot of us, I bet!
I just got 2 more small bottles.
This is enough to get me through for a little while- and yeah, I’m not crazy about the price- but let’s just be grateful and try to make the best of this.
Sheesh. This is a muzzleloading forum AND an emotional support group, but let’s not get carried away feeling sorry for ourselves, and angry at The System..
Emotional Support group - lmfao where did you get that crazy idea from.? This ain’t OPRAH or Dr Phil

Screw BH 209, I will continue to shoot and kill game with real black powder and T7 or Pyrodex. If you gents decide that you absolutely Need BH209, then you can have my share.
The only real advantage that most people mention is the quick cleanup, and BH209 does not need to wipe the bore between shots? At the range I wipe between shots when I shoot any powder. When hunting I usually only require one or two shots, no wipes required, not a problem with either powder.
The extra expense of BH 209 , and the requiring a special breech plug , make it a non starter in my book. How accurate do I need to be? My T/C Triumph with a 1 1/2x6 Pentax scope will shoot 3-4” groups all day from the bench. Here in New England, a 100 yard shot would be the exception. The last two muzzleloader deer I have taken were shot at right around 25yards.A434EFFC-69BD-4A98-9B29-7DC4BFAA8C74.jpeg02575EB0-64A1-481D-8860-4A2D2EF35626.jpeg

I understand everyone’s fustration, but for me it is what it is. I dont shoot a ton, just enough to keep dialed in before hunting season. My traditions likes it and I like how much less of a pain it is to work with. I hunt open illinois fields and the majority of my deer have been 85+ yards. I found a load that groups1.5” and i know mpbr is going to get me close to 150 (not quite). Regardless of the jump and their apparent price gouging, its still worth the money for me in my situation. Obviously everyone’s situation is different.

Back