BH in stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put it in my cart and just couldn’t go through with the purchase after the additional $26 in hazard fees and shipping were added.

That is the reason I will never order powder or primers on line.Here where I live in Indiana there is 2 swap meets every month til Oct.and I get what I need at these places.Convient and less expensive.

That is the reason I will never order powder or primers on line.Here where I live in Indiana there is 2 swap meets every month til Oct.and I get what I need at these places.Convient and less expensive.
Never thought of sawp meets. I'll have to check those out. Only way I can justify powder or primers online is if I'm buying enough bulk to offset the shipping. Never had to do powder. I did breakdown and buy some #11's online.

My local ACE Hardware will some times order primers for me and they don't charge hazmat. Depends on who I talk to and if they can get them.

Guys.......................... I'll suggest this.................. You may not want to pay that hazmat fee right now and I think we all understand that.

However....... if nothing does show up locally for you, there may be a time this fall when you may have wished you'd paid that fee. IMO even though things are showing up slowly, its being grabbed up quickly. Very quickly. None of us have a clue when any of this may turn around. Wait is what broke the wagon.

I think I mentioned looking for unicorns once upon a time , now just a different time . In the future I can see folks wishing for the good old days (AGAIN) , and still wishing/Ed

I visited our biggest local gun dealer yesterday and saw significantly more ammo available and a very slight improvement in prices. He even had no limit on 5.56 ammo. I don’t have a rifle for that but hope it’s indicative of things to come. Unluckily, he’s never stocked any black powder supplies.

I have a good supply stored up. I was able to resist the urge to buy everything I find. Took me some time to get my head right. For me it really boils down to what do I reasonably need. I understand everyones answer will be different. Some guys need 5000 primers. For me I probably be dead and never shoot that many. I have enough for me and to help a friend if needed.

I have not been able to find Black Horn,, I've checked every time I've caught a note here,thanks encore for posting!hard for me to go from 10 to 15 lb a year to nothing,, I have managed to stock up on smokeless supplies enough to get me shooting again,, I lucked up on 30 cans of Sr 4759, and managed to get 10 lb of imr4198 from Bruno's and I'm full of primers,, would love to be doing some Black Horn shooting but for now those rifles stay in the closet, it's not very reassuring when every sales rep I called and talk to tell me that the three calls before mine were all asking for Black Horn,,,, not a whole lot of black horn shooters down here in Southeast Texas wish I could come up on someone to do a little horse trading with,, I've been a one powder shooter with all of my smokeless experience so I'm using this time to experiment with other powders, for all of you old 50 cal smokeless shooters understand that that sr4759 was a great powder,, really good luck with it so far out of a Bruxs 28 twists,,, I've come to the conclusion I'm just going to quit frantically searching for blackhorn and just wait for it to come back around, problem is I had such great plans for blackhorn this year,,, everything in time..

I have to buy pretty good all my supplies online.
The only place I can get any black powder supplies near me is at Walmart and that's only a small window just when the deer season starts. Once they've sold out that's it.
I'm not crazy about paying shipping and hazmat fees but at least I can get what I need.

In general its coming back guys. TSA has had and has 9mm, 45 , 40 and 22 up for days.
9mm is blazer brass and win and $22.99 for prime members. Not great but a lot better than they and others have been and its not selling out.

I see signs of supplies improvement. I found 6.5 Creedmoor in three stores this week. In previous weeks just one. I have all I need for several months. Maybe I should buy to have for several years.
Also BH209 is on the self at one dealer. Didn't look at primers.

Agreed. Runnings Thursday actually had a fair amount of ammo and a few powders. No primers yet though.

Back