BH209 in stock at Midsouth, limit 10 @6:50 pm EST on 6-17-22

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like everything these days. I put over $29 in my mower gas can this week. 🤬
But I agree, if you need/want it - you better buy it while you can. LGB
I appreciate what you're saying. I mostly shoot traditional anyway. I've got about 20 pounds of 2f and 3f real black powder on hand, so I'm good there. Last weekend I shot my new Optima rifle for the first time and it worked fine with the Triple 7, so I'll have to stick with that.

I too like BH209 and have about 4 10oz cans. Only plan to use it sparingly in my V2 pistol, DISC Extreme and Vortek going forward. I can afford it too but to me that's not the point. I just feel I'm being ripped off at that price and 8oz. Of course, I only ever bought 209 when on clearance at Wally. Yes, I'm cheap! Everything else will get 777, Pyrodex or real Black. I did just order some Shooters World from Grafs to augment the 2 cans of Black MZ I have. I'll play with the MZ in my short barrel guns just for fun.

I agree. I need to use it for a hunt this fall. Don’t want to change now when our guns are set up for it. That and it’s too dam# hot to shoot much before fall.

After that, will prob go back to 777. They may make more money from these changes in the sort term, but I suspect it will hurt their sales in the long run.

I agree. I need to use it for a hunt this fall. Don’t want to change now when our guns are set up for it. That and it’s too dam# hot to shoot much before fall.

After that, will prob go back to 777. They may make more money from these changes in the sort term, but I suspect it will hurt their sales in the long run.
I'm not sure, but aren't they both owned by Hogdon? If so, they clean up either way.

What I don’t understand about the supply chain is how a shipment of powder suddenly shows up at one retailer? Did they just find it sitting in their warehouse? Did the manufacture just send out a shipment and does that mean that it can be expected to show up other places?

What I don’t understand about the supply chain is how a shipment of powder suddenly shows up at one retailer? Did they just find it sitting in their warehouse? Did the manufacture just send out a shipment and does that mean that it can be expected to show up other places?
I don't get it either. Another example; I've been looking for some 280 Remington ammunition. Nobody has any for months. Yesterday I was checking around online and found two different places that has in stock.

I don't get it either. Another example; I've been looking for some 280 Remington ammunition. Nobody has any for months. Yesterday I was checking around online and found two different places that has in stock.
280Rem on shelves?? Forget it, you're lucky if you can find 30-30 ammo. I saw a box of Remington 280Rem 140gr at a flea market last weekend. The guy wanted $65 for the box. o_O 🤬

I have about a full box of Hornady 139gr SST bullets and a couple hundred primers. Now all I have to do is find a lb of H4831SC and I'll be able to reload some. I love my 280Rem!

IMO what is happening is the distributors, the "middle men", the one's making all the money, have either been holding it to gouge or, someone found it in the distribution center.

One of the local businesses not to far from me, received 35 bottles a month or so back. Yes, that's correct, 35 bottles of BH, all lot #41 and 10oz. Yes the distributor had it marked up to him at $44 per bottle, and he marked it up to $64.99. This local business is nothing more than a party store, which has a small sports shop in the basement. Unless you knew about it, you'd drive right by.

We have to face it................. it's going to be a tough remainder of the year, maybe even the first half or more of next year. If you have something that you may not use, offer it for trade for something you need. It works too. For example, I had been holding on to 1k of Federal 209A's and 1k of CCI209M primers, which I no longer use. I finally found a trade and brought home a box full of BH209 that I traded the primers for. I came out of it on the better end of that trade too. ;)

Another example of a possible trade................ Rather its required or not, I prefer to use Federal 215M Match primers. I still have 900 and I also have 1k of Federal Magnum Primers. So having a ship load of BH, I might be persuaded to trade some for 1k Federal 215M Match primers, locally.

280Rem on shelves?? Forget it, you're lucky if you can find 30-30 ammo. I saw a box of Remington 280Rem 140gr at a flea market last weekend. The guy wanted $65 for the box. o_O 🤬

I have about a full box of Hornady 139gr SST bullets and a couple hundred primers. Now all I have to do is find a lb of H4831SC and I'll be able to reload some. I love my 280Rem!
Midway USA shows 280 Remington in stock, (yesterday).
PCP, 140 grain Core Lokt.$ 52.00 a box of 20 rounds.

I have a 10oz can of BH 209 I do not want, unopened from last year. I would trade it for two cans of T7 or two cans of real black. Here is the problem, I live in Southern Vermont and will not ship it, don’t ask. If someone local wants to take a ride, send me a pm

Lot 41 has been around awhile, so it’s not a new lot. Did it just get bottled and put into distribution? I wish I better understood the process. In any case, mines supposed to arrive today and I’m happy to have it.

Lot 41 has been around awhile, so it’s not a new lot. Did it just get bottled and put into distribution? I wish I better understood the process. In any case, mines supposed to arrive today and I’m happy to have it.
In a way, I wish it was a different lot number other than 41. We know its slower than the other lots.

Latest posts

Back