BH209 in stock at Midsouth, limit 10 @6:50 pm EST on 6-17-22

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, not sure if a typo or they changed size of the jug. It says 8oz in ad but the jug still says 10…

Attachments

• 960E096B-087D-4297-9F21-CE5B67A216A5.jpeg
    960E096B-087D-4297-9F21-CE5B67A216A5.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 0
If they downsized the bottle, it will never go back up. Shrinkflation they call it. Remember when ice cream was a true half-gallon? Guess I will be sticking with real black, 777 or Pyrodex.

Last edited:
Looks like Hodgdon/Western has lightened the bottle. Brownells lists an 8oz bottle as well with a pic of a bottle labeled 8oz (although it’s not in stock there).

4AC0E0B1-223A-4E3F-A4D6-DEF4F3311902.jpeg

As long as you keep paying this price it will just keep going up and slow domain it will go down.
If you need it, buy it. For a shooter that only shoots 20 rounds in an entire year, well maybe they have enough as is. But if you shoot all year long, better buy it when you can.

This is only the beginning of this mess and FAR from how bad its going to end up.

I've slowed down with my shooting because of the shortages in the bullet department. When I do shoot now I use fff T7, equal amount as the BH209 and its as accurate, but much cheaper. I have plenty of BH209 that will see field use and to re-check zero in each gun prior to deer season. I can do this for years. And the T7 is locally available in fffg for 1/2 the price of BH I'm set for primers as well. My lungs are telling me that this may be my last year in the woods so the last thing I am going to fret over is whether or not BH209 is too expensive or too hard to find..

By my math, these 8 oz “kegs” will net about 43 (80 grW) charges for me. That’s about $1.37 per shot in powder (on the four cans I just ordered). The 10 oz cans cost me about .97 per shot in powder. Gotta love inflation! But I think I can afford that.

The same "0480" part number that is being sold appears just above the UPC code on the 10 oz bottle. I'm hopeful that is a typo as they still have it listed as Ramshot instead of Hodgdon.

Latest posts

Back