BH209 in stock (limit 5)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't believe when I called Sportsman's Warehouse 2 months ago and the salesman, over the phone, said "yeah we got 12 bottles" (10 oz). I guess it's the old "every now and then a blind squirrel finds an acorn."

Not Blackhorn but was in Scheels yesterday and they were fully stocked on all forms of Pyrodex and 777, as well as probably 20 hanger hooks of Win #11 caps and a couple hooks full of musket caps. One could have stocked up quite well there. No 209's or any other primers but I'm ok on those and just scored a thousand CCI LRMP's a couple days ago.

I was at a Bass Pro in Maryland yesterday, plenty of BH 209 on shelf but 65 bucks a jug. Just cannot see how that is worth it. Some places are carrying 777 for under 30 for a pound! I have to figure out how to build an accurate load from 777 and only use BH 209 for a final sight in and actual hunting.

.22lr is still in short supply here in SoCal. Supplies are starting to increase however.

Never seen the need to pay $60+ for BH209. I can live with 777.

they would go out of business before I paid 68.00 for 10oz of powder, I got along fine with pyrodex, 777 and black powder for yrs and yrs.. I really like 209 but they are nuts on price. I just gave a guy a full bottle of 209 with a Disc Extreme I sold him a month or 2 ago guess I should of gouged him on it.

txhunter did you receive the powder yet or still waiting for shippment?

Latest posts

Back