Bh209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are getting me curious about this BH209 powder. :confused: How would it work in an older Traditions Timber Ridge with a Thunder Dome 209 breech system? Would this inline handle it? Definitely not for my side lock Hawken. :think:
DL

I get a kick out of your avatar. Is that from Open Range? Great movie i've seen 5 times.

Yes it is. One of the best western movies made aside from Lonesome Dove which also starred Robert Duval and i have them both on cd for when i want to watch them anytime.
DL

All this talk of expensive powder.I smile. I watch a local auction and pick it up cheap (T7) in the off season. My last purchase they had a couple of pounds of loose T7 with a partial box of pellets of T7 as 1 item. Few want both so no one bid much. Think I got it all for $18.00 or such. I trade the pellets and only have a few dollars involved. $90.00 for BH209???? + shipping??? ouch big time. Know anyone with a knowledge of chemistry??? :)

I'm outta BH209 & I'm looking around the net to try to find a decent deal on bulk powder that does not cost 3.50 per Oz. The cheapest I found a 5Lb. bottle was 3.10 per Oz. without the Hazmat fee. Does anyone know where to buy 5lb/bulk or any better deals on this stuff without the ridiculous price gouging goin on with it???
BH209 is really awesome, I'm just getting familiar with it this yr. My 1st bottle was gone in no time at all - from sighting in my Paramount, droppin 3 bucks, & a little target practice, 10oz was gone. If I can't find a better price or way to get it, I simply won't be able to afford to shoot other than very few shots for different bullet testing & hunting. That sucks for me big time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Kind regards

Last edited:
I'm outta BH209 & I'm looking around the net to try to find a decent deal on bulk powder that does not cost 3.50 per Oz. The cheapest I found a 5Lb. bottle was 3.10 per Oz. without the Hazmat fee. Does anyone know where to buy 5lb/bulk or any better deals on this stuff without the ridiculous price gouging goin on with it???
BH209 is really awesome, I'm just getting familiar with it this yr. My 1st bottle was gone in no time at all - from sighting in my Paramount, droppin 3 bucks, & a little target practice, 10oz was gone. If I can't find a better price or way to get it, I simply won't be able to afford to shoot other than very few shots for different bullet testing & hunting. That sucks for me big time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Kins regards

I buy 5#'s from Midsouth when needed. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....high-performance-muzzleloading-powder-(5-lbs)
If you sign up for their newsletter emails, they sometimes wave the hazmat fees. Even at Midsouth the base price increased $9 from last summer.

I buy 5#'s from Midsouth when needed. https://www.midsouthshooterssupply....high-performance-muzzleloading-powder-(5-lbs)
If you sign up for their newsletter emails, they sometimes wave the hazmat fees. Even at Midsouth the base price increased $9 from last summer.
Thank you for the link. I checked it out & did a lil simple math - Walmart price 34.00 per 10oz. 5lbs 263.18 including HM FEE & Shipping. Thats a total grand savings of 16.72 from just buying it retail for the 10oz bottle. YES for sure every cent, dime & dollar count alot on what I'm trying & failing to live on. But that 16 bucks isn't going to change anything in the grand scheme of things in my lil world. Perhaps I can still try to find end of season stock sale or IDK what goin to a gun show would benefit particularly either for this, But It's been so long since I've gone to a gun show myself ( other than listen to what ppl I know are finding nowadays) isn't much if any better than a retail store. Thats what I've heard tho numerous times. I'm thinkin bout standin outside walmart with a cardboard sign " WILL WORK 4 BH 209 " if nothin else works out. Kind regards

BH209 is really awesome, I'm just getting familiar with it this yr. My 1st bottle was gone in no time at all - from sighting in my Paramount, droppin 3 bucks, & a little target practice, 10oz was gone. If I can't find a better price or way to get it, I simply won't be able to afford to shoot other than very few shots for different bullet testing & hunting. That sucks for me big time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Kind regards

Call all the Walmarts within driving distance for season ending clearance prices on leftover Powder. 'Tis the season, after the season!

86290916_10206620672153032_7558953999269888000_n~2.jpg 89095334_10206689274548049_8541267651849093120_o~2.jpg

I guess you seen my post on the CVA Facebook group. LOL

And several others. The Walmarts around here are sold out of Blackhorn 209 before the seasons, at full price. The only powder left over is Hodgdon Pyrodex and Triple Se7en loose powders and pellets. Same with the muzzleloaders. The CVA's are all sold out before the seasons, and only the Traditions are left over for clearance.

Good luck with your new Paramount Pro!

Last edited:
I
And several others. The Walmarts around here are sold out of Blackhorn 209 before the seasons, at full price. The only powder left over is Hodgdon Pyrodex and Triple Se7en loose powders and pellets. Same with the muzzleloaders. The CVA's are all sold out before the seasons, and only the Traditions are left over for clearance.

Good luck with your new Paramount Pro!
Here on north central Fl is not even close to a " big ML area " there isn't much of anything close to hear as far as this 1 horse farthole of a town has. It's a damn shame the church's don't carry shooting supplies, there's one of them damn places everywhere ya look down here. Ya can almost close yer eyes, take 10 steps in any direction & yer gonna end up in one of the sheep factories. So havin to travel 50-80mi to another town or city for everything. The only walmart in the whole area has ZERO primers or caps of any kind or size, NO BP, or any substitute powders of any kind either for pistol/shotgun or rifle.
There is a Basspro shop in Gainesville that's about 50mi but those AH's just raised their BH 209 price to 46.00 per 10oz. I have a few not so kind suggestions as to where they can shove every single one of them at that price. That's just wrong. For me, it don't take much of crap like that to not support or patronize your business regardless of what it costs me in money or inconvenience. It's why I don't/won't support Midway USA & a cpl other places. I don't know what they carry if anything for BP Shotgun shooting but it would not surprise me in the least if that were slim to none aswell. But I've certainly discovered since moving here that everything ML related is going to be a PITA & I'm gonna have to travel to find anything. Heck, tryin to find anyone to thread my Paramount barrel within the state of Fl. Was a lengthily aggravating ordeal. There is ZERO BH 209 to be found within more than 100mi from my location. WTF it's not like I live in a cave in the wilderness or anything, but jeez LOL well now it's no big deal anymore that the only gunsmith in Fl I could find to do my barrel & time my brake has a 6-8wk lead time BC they are backed up. They said they'd try to have it done in 4wks. I was flippin out at first, not since I can't find what I need to shoot it anyway it no longer matters.
I'll just put my focus on the really nice .40 Hawken twist for conicals I'll have comin shortly unless life throws me yet another curveball to the nuts anyway. I'll still have to travel to get T7, caps, but it's all good once the smoke & thunder starts. Then life is good & it was all well worth it. Kind regards all

Walmarts here, sold out of all stock, during the regular season.

One way to purchase Blackhorn is in 5 pound bottles. Recently purchased one for $248.20 delivered. Figures out to $24.82 per ten ounces. It has been years since there has been a ten ounce bottle in the shop. Just one way...........

Latest posts

Back