Blackhorn 209 (Western powders)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kipsbay

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of good things out there on this new powder, Blackhorn 209 by Western powders....very clean, very consistent, very good velocities, etc.....s/b released at the SHOT show and then to the general public in early March 2008....anyone know more about this product and care to share w/ us....?? Me personally speaking, I can't wait to try a few cans if it.......JOHN
:D

As far as i am concern.If it does not come in stick are pellet form,i have no use for it,other than to use in for play shooting.I know what
Black Mag 3 does as i use it for my play powder,and i just do not believe this powder could top it.As this powder would have a tuff row to ho, compare to it.So i say Thanks but no thanks

SwampFox

And see... i have aboslutely no use for sticks or pellets - so I am interested in a powder that will offer the velocities this will but at the greatly reduced pressures...

i wish that stuff would work w/ #11 primers. i wonder if it will work with the green mountain small game rifle .......... :think: :think: :think:

I sent them an e-mail w/ questions to them today...

1) I asked to be addeded to their mailing list and to be notified when they release the powder.
2) Asked if the BH209 could be shot using a .25ACP breech plug
3) asked if they needed or wanted any ind pendant / consumer testing.....smile. I know, it's a long shot but...nothing ventured / nothing gained.

JK

Black Mag3 does all that and it has a much lower Flash Point.Infact i have seen Black Mag3 use in Flinter's Flash Pan as the Priming Powder,with no misfires.I think that this new Powder may have Problems,If it has to have only a HOT 209 Primer to set it off,there by it may cause alot of hang /misfires.I give the Powder company a hand for trying to make a good powder.But with such a high Flash point needed,I am afraid it will fail unless they can come up with it either in stick are pellet form,to help sell it better to the mass public in whole.
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

And see... i have aboslutely no use for sticks or pellets - so I am interested in a powder that will offer the velocities this will but at the greatly reduced pressures...

Back