Blackhorn 209

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shooter12

Reaction score
As most here know there is no blackhorn 209 available for us the people that use it,here is what I found out after speaking directly to the VP there plus Curtis Danielson there also: First I was told that it's made in Canada and they only have roughly 24 employees...HIRE MORE...Then I was told back in MAY it would be back on the market in early June..WRONG,then I was told by July..WRONG AGAIN,then I was told by August...I DOUBT IT!!!!! So here is the e-mail of Curtis Danielson,send him e-mails out the a@@ and let him hear your frustrations about NO BLACKHORN: [email protected]...This is the only way well ever get any!!!!!! Oh you can buy 2 8 oz containers thru Hodgdon at close to $60.00 per container then you pay the hazardous pay to get it shipped to you,mine was figured at around $80.00 per container...NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

777 is no more hassle then 209 actually less and for what you get in velocity increases it makes pretty much zero difference at 100-125 yds which is actually longer distance then most deer are killed.. I dont need a 2200fps load to kill a deer at 60 yds, actually more like 1100-1500fps so I can get along w/o BH209 just fine.
People keep complaining about the price yet keep buying, then as a business it doesnt make good sense to lower the price, only thing that will make the prices go down is to create less demand just like anything else.

Back