blackthorn 209 in stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, but ordering solo bottles online will eat you up with the hazmat, even if you get free shipping. Too salty for me. My buddy bought some locally at Cabelas in VA last week they had it in stock on the shelf it was $50. The big jug is the way to go, but I don't even know who offers that now at a reasonable price.

I'm not too happy about the price either. I recently bought 5 cans in nj and had to drive 2 HRS to get it. I paid $46 per can, not including tax, gas and tolls. What concerns me is Hodgedon bought BH 209's maker and i hear it's their new 888 powder which federal is using for their fire sticks. I'm just concerned about shortages in the future.

Thanks for the heads up!!! I have 5# on the way. It may be priced a little high, but “in stock” trumps price at this point. :lewis:

Wife and I took a ride yes to Amish country (Mt Hope Ohio) yesterday. One small sporting goods store had 5 containers on BL209 @ $45. Didn’t buy any at that price.

I bought 2 @ 47 + tax at my LGS and that was all he had ! At 45 I would buy all 5 and be looking for more ! In these times who knows what will be on the shelfs or will the shop even be there selling powder !/Ed

cabela's website has blackthorn in stock if anyone needs any.
I tried to order and ”ship to store” and the website reported it cound not be shipped to my 2 local stores, 1 Cabela’s, 1 Bass Pro.

Where did you order 5#'s
I just ordered 5 -10 oz containers at 43.00 a piece. The Hazmat charge is 1 to 16 lb for 65.00 which includes shipping. The more you order the better the price.

Cabela's was always high priced on the BH209. When they have it in stock at Walmart, it's 36.00, compared to 50.00 at Cabela's.
No WalMart around here (or any store for that matter) has BH209 in stock, so like I said before, in stock trumps price. 🤷‍♂️

I thought I lived in a rural area but sounds like you got me beat, Lol
Where I live in TX, muzzleloader hunting isn’t popular, so no one stocks any supplies. There’s a much better chance of finding powder and supplies at a store close to my place in NW Oklahoma (at least in October).

Where I live in TX, muzzleloader hunting isn’t popular, so no one stocks any supplies. There’s a much better chance of finding powder and supplies at a store close to my place in NW Oklahoma (at least in October).
Where I am here in Southeast Oklahoma, I met a few guys during the muzzleloader season but not really alot and I hunted all state land.

Just a heads up, powdervalleyinc.com as of 1620 hrs on 31/12/20 there was black powder of all varieties in stock.
Hazmat fees stink but they have it in stock.

Back