Boyds for CVA Scout/Hunter/Optima V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
In case you have not seen them
6T1bMPo.jpg

According what ive read...a TH will be out sometime too.

Are the Boyd's stocks all laminates or are some all walnut?

As far as recoil pad, if you can't do grind to fit yourself, Limbsaver templates can be printed off to match to the stock. I'm pretty sure you would find one that would be a 99+% fit. Anyway the Boyd's stock is a very nice improvement to the Scout.

I ordered one back in June, actually the same color. It had a split in it up by reciever contacted Boyd’s with pics and was told to cut it in half and send a pic which I did. Was told a new stock would be sent and I questioned if it would match forearm as I knew it wouldn’t. Got the new one and it wasn’t even close. Had to send both pieces back. I’ve bought a bunch of stocks from Boyd’s and never had an issue what so ever. Just hope they make it right. I‘m gonna rough fit a recoil pad to the cut stock I have and hopefully it will be close to the new one.28C5FBFB-74B0-4230-94D0-812CEC82BBB7.jpeg

I ordered one back in June, actually the same color. It had a split in it up by reciever contacted Boyd’s with pics and was told to cut it in half and send a pic which I did. Was told a new stock would be sent and I questioned if it would match forearm as I knew it wouldn’t. Got the new one and it wasn’t even close. Had to send both pieces back. I’ve bought a bunch of stocks from Boyd’s and never had an issue what so ever. Just hope they make it right. I‘m gonna rough fit a recoil pad to the cut stock I have and hopefully it will be close to the new one.View attachment 9925
Mike i kinda like it with the darker blue. I might have sent back the forend and kept the new stock.

I thought about it but the bolt hole was way off center on the stock.

Attachments

• 092B9253-5485-451E-8F40-8BA20EA144CC.jpeg
    092B9253-5485-451E-8F40-8BA20EA144CC.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 27
Base prices for laminate and plain walnut
$72 for buttstock
$60 for the forend

Pretty large increase for X Walnut and XX Walnut. About $16 extra for some of the laminates.

I’d just be a little cautious as I just had an email concerning my stock issues. This was the email I recieved.
Hello,
We will place a new order due to the screw hole being off in the buttstock. As you were not happy with the colors of the stock and forend, we will put a new order in for both items. This will be the last color replacement we can do for you as it will be the second color replacement and there was no issue with the colors.
This was my reply.

I’m thinking your wrong on the previous message you sent. The original stock was replaced because it had a split. I asked if it would match the forearm and was told yes which it didn’t. I never had an issue with the first butt stock and forearm color.It was Damaged then replaced. The color match was your fault. Just make it right as I’m tired of this back and forth. And I do have all the email correspondence saved if you’d like to see.
Bottom line someone has to be blind to see the colors don’t match.
Once this is settled I’m not dealing with them again. I’ve heard they went down hill.

Boyds have names for all their laminates. Can't imagine the colors change that much. I have ordered 4 different stocks from them over a 6 year period. 2 of one color and 2 of another color . Each 2 were of the same laminate and I can tell no difference in color. They match fine.
For what it's worth might ask them if they have changed dye coloring in their laminates.
Sounds like a communication issue somewhere Good Luck! Hope it works out.

Ok here’s a follow up from Boyd’s. They sent these pics to see if I approve. If not they will issue a refund. Looks pretty shitty to me. Let’s hear your opinion.

Attachments

• B8D688AD-726B-4BA8-A4E9-1C8B8469AF3E.jpeg
    B8D688AD-726B-4BA8-A4E9-1C8B8469AF3E.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 38
  • B40A0E3F-CFCA-4EE8-B52C-92BE81ACB7EB.jpeg
    B40A0E3F-CFCA-4EE8-B52C-92BE81ACB7EB.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 32
It's a tad hard to tell with the lighting used in the pictures. One thing that I don't like is that it appears that there are large whitish areas in the grey, especially near the recoil pad in the second picture. I would get a refund and wait til next year and maybe reorder.

Latest posts

Back