Boyds for CVA Scout/Hunter/Optima V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Boyds website

"One really cool feature about the Boyds laminated gunstocks is that the color in each individual layer of wood is actually infused into the wood fibers themselves. The color doesn’t sit on the surface, it goes clear through, front-to-back, each wood laminate layer. And that’s what gives Boyds gunstocks those deep, bright and rich colors."

I actually got a refund after a woman named Amanda called me after a phone request. She basically told me the color was fine and told me since this was the second color change that I’d have to take it or get a refund. Sad part was I never had an issue with the first set other then it was cracked. The second stock that was a replacement was the color issue. Bottom line I won’t use Boyd’s again and after explaining what happened from the get go she hung up on me. So their customer service sucks too.

From what I can tell it wasn’t the lighting. The light colored spots look more blond. I expressed my concerns that both pieces were not made out of the same blank and was told it wouldn’t matter. I know better I’ve been doing high end custom wood work since 1982. The way I see it they tried to do new stock and tried to match the fore end.

Back