Bucket list hunt, whats yours?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have decided to start putting dates on my bucket list hunts. This way I can plan and budget for them and not lose sight.

Sitka blacktail This Nov
Roebuck in Europe with my son 2025
Mountain Lion 2025
Mid asian Ibex in 2026 (If season is open)

Canadian moose BC
Mountain Goat
Caribou
Free range Oryx in NM
Free range Bison
Turkey world slam (I need the Osceola, Goulds, Oscellated)
Australia water buffalo
Argentina water buffalo, red stag
Musk Ox
Brown or Grizzly bear
AK Moose
Shiras Moose

I have decided to start putting dates on my bucket list hunts. This way I can plan and budget for them and not lose sight.

Sitka blacktail This Nov
Roebuck in Europe with my son 2025
Mountain Lion 2025
Mid asian Ibex in 2026 (If season is open)

Canadian moose BC
Mountain Goat
Caribou
Free range Oryx in NM
Free range Bison
Turkey world slam (I need the Osceola, Goulds, Oscellated)
Australia water buffalo
Argentina water buffalo, red stag
Musk Ox
Brown or Grizzly bear
AK Moose
Shiras Moose

Where's the australian Banteng on your list?

I can recommend a good Aussie buffalo guide I used. He doesn't do the mustered, hand picked, taken from a pen and released huge ones you see from the flood plain. Theyre completely wild and unmanaged on a big concession (maybe half a million acres from memory).

Where's the australian Banteng on your list?

I can recommend a good Aussie buffalo guide I used. He doesn't do the mustered, hand picked, taken from a pen and released huge ones you see from the flood plain. Theyre completely wild and unmanaged on a big concession (maybe half a million acres from memory).

I would be interested in the guide you have used. As for the Banteng, they never really piqued my interest.

I’d like to hunt elk but it’ll probably never happen. Javelina seem like they’d be fun and I have a daughter in AZ but every time I start trying to figure out the application process I lose interest.
At one time I really wanted to kill a moose but I’ve had the opportunity to tag along on a couple hunts when my daughters got drawn so I don’t care about that so much anymore.
I'm a lifelong AZ resident. If you ever want help with any of the applications I would be more than happy to assist.

Bear hunt in Canada.
I used to spring bear hunt in Ontario every year back in the 60's. Then Ontario got funky and so ended a fun spring trip. I don't even like to drive into Canada anymore with all the crap you can and cannot do. I'd like to see some reciprocity invoked on the Canucks.

But the hunting was stellar back then. Three of us went each year as a drive up hunt. Never needed more than four days for each to fill. Souix Narrows to Kenora area.

Stay posted I'll report back a buddy and I are doing a New Foundland Moose hunt this September. Will be using my favorite Elk rifle. Remington 700 DBM 338 Win Mag -Handloads Branes TSX solid copper. Took me 10 years to get someone to come along with me. Been on my bucket list for 20 years at least.

I used to spring bear hunt in Ontario every year back in the 60's. Then Ontario got funky and so ended a fun spring trip. I don't even like to drive into Canada anymore with all the crap you can and cannot do. I'd like to see some reciprocity invoked on the Canucks.

But the hunting was stellar back then. Three of us went each year as a drive up hunt. Never needed more than four days for each to fill. Souix Narrows to Kenora area.
I used to go up there in the late 70's and early 80's for bear hunting and fishing. We usually went up to Gowganda and go out from there with canoes or boats and portage from lake to lake by map and compass. Some great times there.

I see several of you have listed Aoudad… that is an amazing hunt. Had a chance to do a guided modern rifle hunt in far west Texas two years ago. They are amazing animals. Much more affordable than a Alaskan sheep hunt.

My bucket list - 350” WY or NM Elk hunt…

Latest posts

Back