Bushnell 6500 4.5-30X

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corncob

Reaction score
Has anyone bought one? Cabela's has them for $900 and I've casually been watching them on the Bay for $650. It's intriguing but not yet to the point of action. If anyone knows of some reviews, I'd like to read them.
BR's
Cob

A guy on the other board sent two back to Bushnell, had some kind of problem with one of them. He was not satisfied with the clarity from the beginning and these were 4-14X I believe.

I've ALMOST bought the 2.5-16X42 SEVERAL times! I STILL may yet. I guess common sense grabbed hold of me before I actually made the purchase! Reasons? I only hunt big game with a muzzleloader of course. I know of no muzzleloader that shoots accurately enough or has a trajectory flat enough to NEED 16X or higher magnification. I admit it would be nice to see bullet holes at the range but I have a spotting scope for that. It WOULD make a SUPER scope on a predator rifle and the 4.5-30 would make a super varmint rifle scope. Right now all my centerfires are scoped out. Never been much of a Bushnell fan either. But who knows...I may get one yet.

I don't know about the 6500. I just put a 4200 on my Savage 4-16x40mm with AO
So far it seems to be everything I'd hoped it would be. Very clear comparitively. The only draw back is in the reticle. I'm not real keen on the way it changes to a bronze color in the direct sunlight. I got this scope for range use. I'll probably use my Nikon 3-9X for hunting.
Zen

The only draw back is in the reticle. I'm not real keen on the way it changes to a bronze color in the direct sunlight.

That's the exact reason that my 3-9x40 4200 went back to Bushnell. That's the only thing I didn't like about that scope but it was enough for me. A 3.5-10x44 Conquest took its place.

Latest posts

Back