Cabelas carries the Savage 10 Muzzleloader ML BP

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doohan said:
Same plug with a hex head instead of the standard Savage fair.

This gun is marketed as a BP/BP Sub gun... You will not get Savage or Cabelas to tell you differently.

is the hex better or is the regular savage deal better?? I wouldn't know as I don't own one, but and looking into owning a savage soon

cummins cowboy said:
Doohan said:
Same plug with a hex head instead of the standard Savage fair.

This gun is marketed as a BP/BP Sub gun... You will not get Savage or Cabelas to tell you differently.

is the hex better or is the regular savage deal better?? I wouldn't know as I don't own one, but and looking into owning a savage soon

I would say it WOULD be a better blackhorn gun or sub gun with the longer barrel. Maybe the ultimate BH209 gun...

I will also tell you the current 10ML-II synthetic stocked guns are barrel heavy... with 2 more inches of steel this has to a good amount worse.

I am hearing savage is changing all plugs to hex as soon as the current supply runs out.

Do you intend to shoot smokeless? If so, buy a 10ML-II and be done with it... you will save a couple of bucks too.

Doohan said:
Maybe the ultimate BH209 gun...

That's a pretty bold statement. :) I could agree if they change the design of the breech plug. The flame channel is the weak link. Recessed vent liner plug, or a sleeved plug close to the primer will fix the problem. If the flame channel is shortened you will have a more consistent ignition. Pretty hard to argue Savage being the better built Muzzleloader.

Back