Called Knight today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spitpatch

Reaction score
I called Knight Rifles today and found out some additional inf o on a couple of subjects.

1. The new Ultimate Slams bolt is shorter and the breech plug is longer than extremes and Elites.

2. There is no cantilevered lug or floated barrel system. It will mount to the stock the same way as the Extreme to facilitate stock changes between the different models.

3. It will have a tapered barrel, only not quit as tapered as the Elite.
Prolly more like the LRH barrel that also had only a slight taper to it.

4. The stocks for the LRH both TH and BT, will interchange with the Knight Disc Elite! So, for those who wish to, you now have two more options for wooden stocks. The price $200
The Extreme Stock is $150 plus machining.

I am considering a stock, AND bolt change when the Ultimate Slam bolt and plug become available. I just don't want to give up my barrel assembly!!! I just love the accuracy of the lug system.

I really wanted walnut, though. Anyone got a walnut stock for an Extreme for sale??

Spitpatch

Thanks for the follow-up on this information. I do want to get one of the new bolt/BP assemblies but I am in no real hurry as my current set-up works great and I can not afford to shoot BH now anyway... but, it was nice to hear what Knights thoughts were..

UC,

This is the "Big Red Flag" or Star of the West" flag... In January 1861, Cadets from the Citadel were watching over Charleston harbor from a battery located on Morris Island for Union ships attempting to resupply Fort Sumter. When the Union ship "Star of the West" came slipping in at night the Cadets, with the Big Red Flag flying, touched off the cannons firing the first shots of the Civil War.

I'm definitely not "RED" but like a lot of South Carolinian's, maybe a touch unreconstructed... :wink:

Latest posts

Back