CVA accura and CVA Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hjbuys

Reaction score
Walmart close to me has these guns left: $150 for the Wolf in camo/blue and $220 for the CVA Optima nickel/camo/thumbhole stock. What do you think. I know many like the Optima, haven't heard anything about the Wolf. Do you think it's a good enough deal to pull the trigger on it?

Wolf

I have a Wolf and Pro Hunter. I started w/ the Wolf and moved to the Pro after a year and a half. If you are only hunting and shooting it a couple times a year at 100 yards and under the Wolf is a great little gun. Shoot about 80-85 grains of T7 and a 250 grain shockwave it is great. I use mine for sneaking in the swamps, drives and it is light enough to carry all day. I use my Pro in the trees and post stands etc. This is the gun I will start my 11 year old daughter on this year for deer. Has a great butt pad and you can bang it all day. I have no knowledge of the Optima. I will warn you clean after every use! Good Luck.

$220 is a great deal for the camo thumbhole Optima. I loved my optima as it was easy to clean and accurate.

Your original title has a better rifle in it though, Accura

I didn't notice my blunder on the title, thanks for catching it. The gun at wal-mart is the optima, not the accura unfortunately.

gotcha :lol:

i say go for it. The Optima was a great gun for me and accurate. Scary accurate with a 240gr XTP in a mmp-12 sabot

$220 is a great deal for the camo thumbhole Optima. I loved my optima as it was easy to clean and accurate

I had this same gun except i couldnt find one in thumbhole great gun for the price i paid almost 300 for mine. I also saw this at a walmart in jacksonville and wanted to buy it

Get the Ultima. Great gun for the money. Plus the nickel is easier to keep clean.

+1 on the Optima Magnum....mine shoots bug holes at 100yds with 100gr T7, 240gr XTP's .430 w/harvester sabots..a breeze to clean & has taken a hell of a beating the last two seasons. Looks & shoots like new still...go buy it before someone else does,..you'll be kicking yourself in the rear if ya let it pass ya by.

cvaoptima.jpg

Back