CVA Optima Elite - Trigger help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tecumseh

Reaction score
Hello all, I need some help on a CVA Optima Elite trigger assembly. A buddy of mine borrowed this rifle and right after a spring broke in the trigger mechanism, so he tried to disassemble and fix it and realized it does not go back together easily. I do some gunsmithing and realized it will not be easy to put back together so I contacted CVA/BPI Outdoors and learned they have to assemble it with a jig/fixture. So I said if they have to do it that way I think I can create a homemade fixture. I figure out where all the parts get assembled but having problems with figuring out where the trigger spring gets placed and where it anchors to. If anyone has a similar rifle can you pull back the hammer and send me a picture of the internal parts looking down past the hammer, inside the action/receiver? See attached pictures, the orange arrow points to the spring I am trying to figure out and I believe it goes on the underside of the trigger on the wood dowel I have orange dots on. Thanks!
CVA Optima Elite2_LI.jpgCVA Optima Elite1.jpg

Hello all, I appreciate all those that have viewed my help request. I hope someone finds my help request where they could share advice and maybe a picture of a similar model that has similar trigger mechanism. I think the older "Elite" models will have the same hinge break action so if you have a lever like the one in my picture you may be able to help. Thank you for monitoring my request.

I had an optima elite but it was quite a while ago. I dont think i ever had reason to do more than clean out the trigger with a spray cleaner. It may be that its similar to a current cva break action. I'll compare mine to your pics tonite. It looks like the accura v1 or optima (i dont have one) is more like it tho.

MichiganMuzzy,
Thanks for sharing that is enlightening! I will see if those gents are still monitoring the chat to see if they can advise on where the one-end of the trigger spring in placed. I think I know where the end that has a 90 degree bend in it goes on the backside of the hammer but the straighter end is the puzzling end.

I will post another picture to see if maybe you all may have some idea. :)

I'll post it later after work. Thanks again!!!

Tecumseh you may want to read thru this thread from another forum. Its a bit older but same problem and has some description of the reassembly and how one guy lightened up his trigger.

https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/cva-optima-rifle-trigger-assembly.30868/

Could you update ? I have a 2004 wolf and can not figure out how to put it back together should of never taken apart

All, I figured it out! ...thanks for all the help. I fully assembled the trigger assembly inside the action. It works perfectly.
How did you get it back together?

I have a buddy that did the same thing with his elite stalker and he asked me if I could help and I didn’t think it would be this hard as I didn’t see it when he took it apart so I’m not sure where everything goes.

I dissembled a cva wolf once that had been caked in mud for years and took me forever to get it back together I also had to use pins like you and kept after it until it was complete and working I must have tried 20 times until I got it.

Latest posts

Back