Devalued?!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggamehunter78

Reaction score
By how much? Always baffles me why people do stuff like this. It’s on a Knight Ultra Lite I bought (not here), pics of this area weren’t clear.

Does it bother you, like it bothers me? Maybe I’m the weird one…

Attachments

• 32CDF1DA-429A-496B-8576-E61C8E5BB163.jpeg
    32CDF1DA-429A-496B-8576-E61C8E5BB163.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12
By how much? Always baffles me why people do stuff like this. It’s on a Knight Ultra Lite I bought (not here), pics of this area weren’t clear.

Man paid for it /was proud of it /and personalized it making it unique /never dreamed of selling it ,but did and you bought it ! I just sold my long range TC Renegade /skip checkered for $1500.00 (personalized) never thought I'd sell it but I did and I'm sure the buyer ain't bitching about it either . Don't blame the seller it's the whiny buyers fault /Ed

I don’t think you can really put a number on it, but for me it’s 100%. I don’t want or need a gun that someone has personalized so I’d just move on but I’m sure some folks wouldn’t care and it wouldn’t detract from the value much at all.

Man paid for it /was proud of it /and personalized it making it unique /never dreamed of selling it ,but did and you bought it ! I just sold my long range TC Renegade /skip checkered for $1500.00 (personalized) never thought I'd sell it but I did and I'm sure the buyer ain't bitching about it either . Don't blame the seller it's the whiny buyers fault /Ed
Ha! Hi Ed!

I think it’s a little easier to stomach on a classic, lots of people did that back in the day. Not many personalize modern rifles these days.

Brings the value down to about zero $. I wouldn't want it 😁 but lots of others probably wouldnt care

Hardly the whiny buyers fault if it wasn't clear in the photos . More like the deceptive sellers fault

Absolutely devalues it to me. Seller should explicitly describe and provide a clear pic of that when selling. Hope you got a good deal!
I thought I did until I opened the box today. I should have been more familiar with the factory markings on the barrel also when reviewing pics… but I didn’t expect that.

Yes I can see it nowhere did I see the engraving that was in it
Not a good deal would not leave a good review for that seller
After seeing the engraving pic you showed I knew what I was looking for however just seeing the sellers pics I would not be able to tell that it was engraved

I would be a little disappointed, as the engraving was not shown in the pictures. No 5 star review for that guy. But you still got a good deal, assuming it's in good condition. The challenge now is to come up with a good story for what "TWRF" stands for, and what happened in 2015. 🤔 Ten women real fine... Nope, I got nuthin.

OK here's what i would do. i would contact the seller and tell him I either want a partial refund due to the markings.(if you want it) and if he doesn't comply tell him you will report him to Gun Broker, the BBB and to your CC company (if that's how you paid) and have him reported for fraud/misreputation and a possible lawsuit against him.

I think the seller should have disclosed it, for sure. However, do you think the rifle is worth the price you paid for it?
I'd contact the seller, for sure, but I don't think I'd complain to my credit card issuer about fraud.
When is the last time anyone checked the BBB ratings for a pawn shop? That is all that happens if you complain to them about a business. They don't have the authority to take any punitive action, not being a government entity.
If your seller doesn't do anything about it, and if the rifle is functional and safe, I think I'd add it all to the feedback you give the transaction, and shoot the crap out of it.
My 2 cents. Worth everything you paid for it.

Latest posts

Back