Devalued?!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not impressed with the "extra" engraving or graffiti if you will.....
But if it shoots great I could live with it

That stands for Tennessee Wildlife Resourses Foundation. I'm guessing you have an auction/fundraiser gun or one they presented to someone. Pretty neat piece in my opinion. Knight is a corporate sponsor.
Now this is cool information! I wondered if someone put initials on it, sold it and then initialed it again, that would be odd. I couldn’t figure it out. Thought it may be an acronym of some sort but couldn’t put anything together.
OK here's what i would do. i would contact the seller and tell him I either want a partial refund due to the markings.(if you want it) and if he doesn't comply tell him you will report him to Gun Broker, the BBB and to your CC company (if that's how you paid) and have him reported for fraud/misreputation and a possible lawsuit against him.
I’m not looking to hammer on the guy, he was nice and his other reviews are good on GB. I’ll assume innocence and he didn’t think it would be a big deal. I just don’t like it.

I’d be a lot happier if it said RMEF or PGC… or nothing. Lol I think it does knock the value down some though having said that.

Now this is cool information! I wondered if someone put initials on it, sold it and then initialed it again, that would be odd. I couldn’t figure it out. Thought it may be an acronym of some sort but couldn’t put anything together.

I’m not looking to hammer on the guy, he was nice and his other reviews are good on GB. I’ll assume innocence and he didn’t think it would be a big deal. I just don’t like it.

I’d be a lot happier if it said RMEF or PGC… or nothing. Lol I think it does knock the value down some though having said that.
Want to sell it? I’ll give you what you paid for it.

Other than it not being explicit in the description it doesn’t bother me. I would still have bought it if that is what I wanted and that marking would not have steered me in the least. Mostly because it is well done.

However, I don’t hear folks grip about old revolvers with crappily stanmped police dept letters on them. Those add mystique for some reason while a nicely engraved cluster of letter invite disdain.

:rolleyes:

That stands for Tennessee Wildlife Resourses Foundation. I'm guessing you have an auction/fundraiser gun or one they presented to someone. Pretty neat piece in my opinion. Knight is a corporate sponsor Sponsors
That is what I was trying to figure out, what T W R F meant. So with it being a fundraiser gun for 2015, it wouldn't bother me in the least. You got a good deal on a very nice rifle. Now if it were someone's name, then I would be a little more bummed about it. Shoot it and see how it prints. It will probably ease your mind some seeing nice tight groups at the range. You'll probably take your biggest game animal with it too! ;)

By how much? Always baffles me why people do stuff like this. It’s on a Knight Ultra Lite I bought (not here), pics of this area weren’t clear.

Does it bother you, like it bothers me? Maybe I’m the weird one…
Just had an idea, you could change your name to something that gets you those same initials.
Thomas William Robert Franklin?

AND, if these are the programs that this fundraiser rifle was for, I'd be proud as hell to have that rifle. Just saying! Thanks Bphunter for the clarification on the engraving!

View attachment 33649
You're more than welcome. Maybe it only matters to people in Tennessee but I'd be proud to own it as well. It's a piece of history that will never be recreated. 2015 will never come again

Kind of depends in my mind. Every one has an opinion. If you enlarge the pictures and look at number four, you can see the scrollwork on the left side of the barrel next to his hand. It isn’t clear what it says, but the scrollwork is evident. However, it doesn’t jump out and isn’t clearly displayed so that can only be the fault of the seller. However, if it was a collectible, and I was buying it as a collectible, I would be upset. If I’m dragging it through the woods to kill stuff, I could care less. Again, just my opinion.

Greg

Is it engraved deeply? Could a metal shop sand blast it for a matt finish?

Latest posts

Back