Difficult bolt closing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims

Reaction score
My ML11's bolt is very difficult to close when I use Fed209a primers, better with CCIm's and no problems with Win. I prefer the hotter primers in winter but any suggestions short of machine work or altering the bolt primer holder? Thanks

No, just use the Win. 209s. The Federals have larger barrel OD's, and you likely would have to polish the primer pocket to use them.

One thing to make sure of is to check to make sure the breech plug is good and tight. Other than that I would stay with what works so if the CCI's work go with it. :)

I had my gunsmith drill my breech plug out. Now the Federals work really smooth when I open and close the bolt.

dwhunter said:
One thing to make sure of is to check to make sure the breech plug is good and tight. Other than that I would stay with what works so if the CCI's work go with it. :)

When my bolt is hard to close, it's almost ALWAYS because the breech plug has un-screwed a tad. A quick snug-up with the EZ-Tool takes care of that.

Back