Disc elite's max charges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairchase

Reaction score
General question here.
From the Elite owners, what is the largest amount of powder you've used and still maintained good accuracy? I'm just thinking about going past 100 towards 150, and I'm wondering at what point the accuracy will start to deteriorate. Thanks.

For a 45cal Elite:

Your shoulder will tell you 120grains of APP/Pyro is enough :shock: :D

100grains of 777 is also shockingly enough :wink:

Each gun is different, but I have found most guns drop off in accuracy past 130 grains. On my .45 elite 120 grains 777 is the magic number. The only way to tell for sure is work up your loads until accuracy drops off. A 100 grain load will kill anything alive so the 150 grain "magnum" loads don't have alot of real world value unless your top accuracy is there. If your using 777 reduce you max charge to under 140gr to be safe.

Thanks guys, I got the basics...working up a load, different barrels etc...
I'm currently shooting 90 gr of 777 ffg, just wanted to hear if anybody had success past 100 gr Thanks.

bsn said:
Each gun is different, but I have found most guns drop off in accuracy past 130 grains. On my .45 elite 120 grains 777 is the magic number. The only way to tell for sure is work up your loads until accuracy drops off. A 100 grain load will kill anything alive so the 150 grain "magnum" loads don't have alot of real world value unless your top accuracy is there. If your using 777 reduce you max charge to under 140gr to be safe.

I would make that 130... :wink:

777 is 15% hotter

Back