• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE DO NOT BUY OR SELL ANYTHING ATM

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will admit that I got kind of excited for a $400 ROA. I jumped quick and noticed that a several had said they wanted it and figured they backed out. I had checked out the seller and they picked a good one to use with lots of history. I then noticed the times and bells went off. I contacted my back and PayPal asap. Good news is PayPal just refunded my money. Lesson learned. This is the first time in over 20 years of buying stuff on the internet that I have gotten taken so I consider myself lucky. The bastards

Last edited:
I was able to get back my money thanks to the quick actions of the mods. THANKS!

I just updated mine to something far more secure. Once you get over 12 characters it will take ages to try and crack it. As long as you mix it up good. Not just a word.

Firefox for example has a 15 character password generator. Something like that is almost uncrackable without a super computer.

Glad to hear all went well for everyone i didn't think my wife said that gun was for sale

Ive done business with 8-10 members here. I ask them to take cash, rap it in a piece of typing paper, and send it. Never a problem.
What happened today would have cost you that cash if you sent it. A scammer was able to get control of members accounts. This was not just some new guy that PMed someone wanting to sell something. It was far more complicated.

At least 11 characters
Is there an upper limit on the number of characters?
I just tried to enter a 42-character alphanumeric string (thank you Harry Lorayne) and got a "We ran into problems" notice.

Note: Found my mistake, entered the wrong Original Password (I visit MML and sister site TMF every day).

Thanks for your vigilance and hard work to protect us.

Last edited:
Damn, you can't have anything good anymore can you? This sucks! Good job Admin's for catching this.

Password reset just for good measure

Last edited:
Didnt you guys notice the pics were EXACTLY the same as Knight Shooters ad for a Ruger.
Just logged back on this morning. The warden forced me to spend the last 23 hours in the shack of shame,... with the lights off. Fooled her though. My head was so far up I couldn't detect light anyhow. Fortunately the extraction process didn't require surgery.

I have some techie friends, and they all agree on passwords, and multiple mix. hackers and computor search and auto destroy programs are many out there. here is a basic chart on easy and tough scale PW hacking.
View attachment 22638
Anyone that uses FireFox has the option for Firefox to generate a 15 character pw any time you have to put one in. Notice how long it takes to crack. No hacker is gunna be able to devote that much time and resources unless its at a government intel level.

Back