Does anyone have any experience with JR carbines?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I heard that the bolt handle is too small and can snap off when trying to dislodge a stuck cartridge and also they chew up the top of the glock magazine. The guy I talked to today said he used to sell them but doesn't anymore. He did say this was several years ago though and they might have addressed these issues which is why i am asking if anyone has a newer one. I am wondering if I might just save up a few more months and spring for the more expensive Banshee.

I actually went to the gun store today to set up a transfer but the owner talked me out of it with the above flaws. I briefly considered a 10 mm AR build as that would be cheaper than the CMMG but I finally went with a TNW aero survival rifle in 10 mm. With taxes and all it came to about $858 which is within $75 of what I would have spent on the JR and $400 less than the CMMG.

You can build a better AR-9 for less than the JRC. Either Glock magwell lower (dedicated toy), mag block (glock, CZ, beretta, etc are possible mags, as well as Colt 9mm SMG mags, depending on which block you get) or EndoMags (standard 30 round P-Mag with an insert). My current AR9 is a basic lower, using EndoMags, with a Foxtrot Mike side charging 8.5" upper.

Latest posts

Back