Ecore Pro Hunter won't cock!! please help

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnbiker

Reaction score
I'm using T7 primers for muzzleloaders and I'd say one out of five will allow me to cock the gun. Seems like for $800 quality would be better than this.
I'm disapointed so far. I don't understand previous post of breech plug/oring solution. can someone please explain what to do.
Thanks,
Jeff.

Sound too me like a quality control problem with the T7 primers. Some may be a little bit longer than others no allowing complete lock up. Try different primers and see if you hve the same problem.

Check to make sure your breechplug is completely seated.

As mentioned above there are certain primers that are too long. Don't be disappointed with your gun,that just shows ya how close the tolerences are made in it, (beats loose sloppy actions any day). Ron

Sometimes if the breach plug is not completed seated, not cranked down tight but down snug, the action will not close and/or the hammer will not cock - hope this will give you something to look at ----------

Looks like the primers were the culprit. Remington primers allow the hammer to function properly every time. The t7's are slightly longer and were preventing it from cocking. Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back