Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only does time go faster, health issues just keep popping up. I have enough of my own, but have folks I worked with battling really bad stuff. Two friends are really suffering from Agent Orange exposure, others battling cancers, including some of the ladies I worked with having breast cancer.

Second time I've had a nose bleed that poured out like water from a faucet. First time it took a trip to the ER and a nose full of cocaine, yes the doc told me what they use to stop what I had actually contained cocaine :rolleyes: Sure as hell glad I didn't have to do some kind of drug test after that.
Took about a 1/4 of a roll of paper towel this morning while I let it pour into the sink. Finally got it stopped without going to ER. BP was fine this time, but not the first time.
They're scheduling a CAT to find out what contributing factors may be causing this.

Youngsters.......... take care of your health! You'll be old one day too.

Encore your the second person in two days who I heard had the same problem with nose bleeds. He had to have minor surgery to resolve it. Hopefully that will take care of it. Getting old sucks but it’s better than the alternative! Now if I can only get my knees working like they use to without hurting .

Prayers your way George. You’ll get through this just like in the past.

Prayers indeed.

I have a plaque on the bedroom wall that I see every morning. Its simple and says " Good Morning. This is God. I'll be handling your problems today so you can have a wonderful day". Love and live by it. I'll mention you guys in the morning George and Ed.

Encore your the second person in two days who I heard had the same problem with nose bleeds. He had to have minor surgery to resolve it. Hopefully that will take care of it. Getting old sucks but it’s better than the alternative! Now if I can only get my knees working like they use to without hurting .
Wow, second person?
I have to call about the CAT today, then get back in and see the ENT doc. again. The first time this happened of course the trip to ER to get it to stop, then seen a ENT doc. That time wasn't fun, especially when the ER doc states, "I've never seen BP that high without the patient having a stroke." The ENT didn't mention surgery at the time, but maybe its time now, again. I had surgery 7yrs ago that opened up the airways. Would like to know more about how the other fella's problem was repaired if you know?
Quite frankly, it'll give you a little bit of a scare having a nose bleed this bad. The first time was much worse, where I had to ride to the ER with a garbage bag on my lap and used up almost a whole roll of paper towel. When I walked into the ER, they must have seen me coming and a nurse was already standing there to take me into a room. Although this time was bad, it wasn't nearly as bad as the first. Fortunately I was able to get it to stop here at home. I did check my BP when it stopped and it was good. Scares the living crap out of the wife.

Tell the kids several times, if I'd known I was got to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself,they just laugh, my oldest daughter told me the other day,now she's 56 and she understands what I have said

Had an entire day from hell. So far 10hrs of it.

Was to be the first one for a CAT today, then right after head to the ENT.
5:50am the nose bleed from hell started and this one has been the worst. The ER is 25 miles and by the time the wife got me there, I'd soaked up 3/4 of a jumbo roll of paper towel in a garbage bag. That's not counting all of it all over my pants, shirt and just about everything else.
They couldn't stop it for over 45 minutes. They called the ENT and informed them. Then the only way that they could slow it down was to put some kind of balloons in and blow them up to put pressure on the artery. After an 1.5hrs in ER, I headed over to the ENT, who dared not remove the balloons to cauterize for fear of having to send me back to ER. The office here in town doesn't have all the main equipment. Go figure. So I'm sent off to Petoskey, a 2.5hr drive to that ER. Balloon still inside and it has to remain in until Tuesday.
I'm still using paper towels and garbage bags, but its mostly stopped. They stopped short of giving me a pint of blood. Believe me, this has been the day from hell.

Like the Heading states............ enjoy your health and youth.

Holy.... that sounds terrible!! Are you on the drive to the other ER now?

Holy.... that sounds terrible!! Are you on the drive to the other ER now?

Nope and I hope not. Wife finally got us both home.
I'm settling down some now so that's good. Forgot to mention that all that bleeding filled up the tubes to my ears. How that gets out is anyone's guess.
They put me on antibiotics because they say this stuff in my nose can cause infection. Wife just returned with that script.
Can't do anything other than set on my ask according to the docs. No bending what so ever.
I guess if I start bleeding again or it starts running out of my ears or eyes, I'm back in ER again.
Hoping like all get out that they can fix this for good next week.

That’s terrible! Your in for a long weekend. Sucks that couldn’t do anything more for you today to fix it. Wonder what the root cause is.

The ENT mentioned, I think, that the way it was bleeding meant an artery and that's about all I can remember about that. She wants badly for this bleeding to stop so she can cauterize what ever is causing it. I do remember her saying that if it couldn't be cauterized I'd have to have surgery.
Honestly I wasn't paying that much attention, other than just watching myself bleed out, or rather it seemed like that. My face is about double or more the size around my nose. I think that balloon stuff goes clear to the back of my head. Nose hurts, ears hurt, teeth hurt and it feels like my eyes are about to jump out of the sockets. I imagine the headache from hell is next....

Hang in there George, there’s better days ahead. We are praying for you.

Latest posts

Back