Enjoy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that’s a hell of an ordeal! Glad they finally fixed it.

So I’m gonna apologize now for my smart ass comment coming next... All those bears you’ve been zapping for the last couple years would have got a big laugh out of your procedure today lol. Bet they would have been cheering that Doc on.

Man that’s a hell of an ordeal! Glad they finally fixed it.

So I’m gonna apologize now for my smart ass comment coming next... All those bears you’ve been zapping for the last couple years would have got a big laugh out of your procedure today lol. Bet they would have been cheering that Doc on.

LOL.............. Hey I'll tell you, I'd rather bite that fence wire, because at least there's a pause in that. Yup, they sure would have loved cheering on the doc :)

Dang Encore - I really do hope that he 'GOT IT' - but it sounded terrible!!!
It was not easy at all. I seem to have problems getting numbed up even by the dentist. Actually a year or two ago, I ended up 5 months in PT for that trismus (lock jaw).

Honestly it totally sucked, but I made it through it. I wouldn't want to repeat it again.

At least it is over with. So glad to hear that he fixed it and you didn't have to go through surgery on top of it.

It was not easy at all. I seem to have problems getting numbed up even by the dentist. Actually a year or two ago, I ended up 5 months in PT for that trismus (lock jaw).

Honestly it totally sucked, but I made it through it. I wouldn't want to repeat it again.
Best wishes that they’ve finally found and corrected the root cause of the problem. From the description you gave that’s not the sort of thing that you want to come back again. Rest and heal up now because deer season is not that far away , at least for me in the east.

That's great news! How long before you can start shooting again? I've seen some of your targets, you need all the practice you can get:snipe:
The doc told me I could go back to "normal" activities today. I'm pretty tuckered out today to do much of anything. At least I'm not bleeding ;)

I'm hoping that this heals up quickly and I can get some taste back. He told me that would be the $1M question of when. Since Feb when I got the flu and the sinus virus, the only things I can taste is sugar and salt. Everything else is basically tasteless, except for sour. Doc said it could come back in a couple weeks or it may take a year, but, there's also the possibility that it never comes back. Now that they have stopped all the bleeding, maybe they can determine if I still have any kind of virus?

Update:

Good visit today, but right back on the heavy anti-viral meds. Now its rather its viral or bacterial. CAT is mandatory now then more follow up.
I've been reminded that my loss of taste is also a symptom of COVID, of which I had no other symptoms of, even back in February when this all started.

Regardless, whatever it is I hope they get it figured out and treat it promptly. Hang in there, George.

Murphy...... if I ever can catch the guy I think I'm going to choke him down.

Seems all this crap just goes from one thing to another. So with the bleeding stopped, the put me on meds to eliminate the possibilities of a viral or bacterial infection. All was going good and my sinus started clearing up after just over a week on the meds.
Next thing I know, I have what feels like a knot in a calf and I can hardly walk. Call to the doc, who sends me in to ER for an ultra sound to check for any blood clots. Well after 6.5hrs in ER, they finally did the ultra sound and found there was no clots.
Come to find out......... the medication that they had given me for a bacterial infection has some really bad side affects, one of which is affecting my leg. No more of that med, but its now going to take some time before the leg issue resolves itself. Feels like a charlie horse that won't go away and radiates all the way up the hamstring making it hard to walk. Lots of heat and elevation helps, but its put the damper on doing much until its healed.

Aging isn't always easy.......

Time to drop back to standard course of action... one day at a time, steady as she goes. They have any idea how long it will take to recover?

Time to drop back to standard course of action... one day at a time, steady as she goes. They have any idea how long it will take to recover?
They told me at ER that it will take a few days for the reaction to the medication to subside. Our opening of bow season started today and I'm not making that either. Its like a pulled hamstring along with the worst charley horse you can imagine right in the middle of my calf. Monday I'll be having a "reckoning" appointment with my primary.

Man you just can't catch a break. This new calf pain sounds awful! Hang in there!

Have things got well enough for you that you have had a chance to get out there yet?

Have things got well enough for you that you have had a chance to get out there yet?
Unfortunately no. About all I'm getting done are things required to prepare for winter around here. Leg is slightly better, good enough to walk at least. Primary put me on Lasix yesterday that he thought would help with both water and the knot. Well second day of that and there's no change from any other day???
I will say there is an improvement in my ability to taste things other than salt and sugar. THAT bothered me. ENT stated it could be 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months, 3 years, or never :( Fortunately its coming back slowly.
Thanks for asking.

Was really hoping you got a chance to try out your new stand with your crossbow. Sorry to hear things aren't going better for you but glad they are at least improving. Hoping things improve enough by muzzleloader season that you can get out there and put some meat in the freezer at minimum.

Was really hoping you got a chance to try out your new stand with your crossbow. Sorry to hear things aren't going better for you but glad they are at least improving. Hoping things improve enough by muzzleloader season that you can get out there and put some meat in the freezer at minimum.
I'll be out well before muzz season. Things should be getting better rather quickly, or at least that's my hope. I should be in the new blind in just a few days.

Back