enough with the fighting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey012778

Reaction score
over the past week, I have seen not just in this forum but others. people fighting about this brand of gun, this brand of bullet, you must read person X site for the best help. flashing links copywrited in 2003 to 2006 about troubles with an company. the short term memories about problems that are found across the board.

I THOUGHT this was an site to help people with problems, brag about the days range session, and the days hunt.

Get over the past, get over what the "experts" say. help the new comers out. if they ask something about an bullet or an gun you don't like. don't tell them to "TRASH IT" and get something else. suggest other bullets to try.

The real expert is a person with first hand knowledge of what he or she does.

I stayed to myself on the other 2 thread where a new comer never got the answer to what he was asking. that was unfair. yes this was brewing for a while.

Corey

Swampman said:
I think folks should be free to say what they think. Unfortunately that's not the case.

Well da GOOD book says that if you can't say sumpin good you shouldn't say it at all, seems like a good policy to me, who are we to trump da big man. :wink:

Swampman said:
I think folks should be free to say what they think. Unfortunately that's not the case.

+1

we seem to all make the same mistake ,we start with a new sport and buy the cheapest that we can find ,because we don't know if we will continue ..muzzleloading is much the same ,we buy a cheap ML and realize later that there is a better product out there ..so we upgrade and buy anouther muzzleloader that is more expensive ..i still say ,that anybody going into muzzleloading these days ,and starting with a new ML should go to a hunting store and really handle all the different ML himself .try out the break open action or the bolt action ,there is a difference ..and most of all READ the MANUAL for ur ML. ..to find what is the max. load for ur ML..

I've only been on here a few weeks and it is by far the best forum I have ever been on. People go out of their way to help you on here and if someone gives you their opinion on a product it's only meant to help. The amount of knowledge you can gain from this site would take a lifetime to learn on your own

I agree 100%.
How can i are anyone else say Brand X is better than Brand A,if ever time Brand X has Fail to no end to me and alot of other use to be Brand X owner's.Not coming out me no way.
One can lead a blind horse to water,but one can not make him drink.That saying is ever so true.
Swampman said:

Better to keep your keyboard still and be thought a fool, than to type and remove all doubt.

UC, who was that direct at?
Underclocked said:
Better to keep your keyboard still and be thought a fool, than to type and remove all doubt.

fighting

Well, Swampman started it!! :twisted: LOL time ot move on to good stuff. Anyone going to the Shot Show and when is it?

Swampman said:
Here's one that applies.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

(Edmund Burke)

Ah yes, another savior of the muzzleloading world, seen one of those before? :lol:

I believe you can get just about any Muzzleloader to shoot MOA at 100 yds
alot of times it takes alot of time and have alot of componets With the knowlege thats here just in the stickys will certainly help anyone
wanting to shoot great groups and have excellent bullet preformance on game animals All these guns shoot Great

[/list]Savage MLll 50 cal
TC Flintlock Hawkins 50
TC Precussion Hawkins 50
TC Triumph 50
Winchester X-150 45 (CVA)
Winchester Apex 45 (CVA)
Traditions shot gun 12 ga

Corey,

Welcome to online forums! What you describe waxes and wanes, but is a constant on any forum I have been on bar none. You kind of have to grow a thicker skin because people will say just about anything behind the anonimity of this medium. It is hard, but you have to learn not to take it personally.

This is a great forum, but like all the others, you have to learn to seperate the chaf from the wheat. AND keep in the back of your mind that their are always trollers (some antihunters even) trying to stir up trouble in our ranks.

My personal rules paraphrased as follows:

--Be nice
--Be respectful of people and their ideas, even when I dissagree
--Disagreement is OK. I many times learn something valuable in a thread where disagrement is rampant. I have even changed my mind a time or two, well at least once........LOL
--Attacking/dissagrement with ideas and opinions is ok, attacking people is not OK

And I don't sweat the small stuff. As I said earlier, you have to grow a tougher hide in this form of communication. People online will say things they would never say in person.

Be patient and someone to answer questions will come. You have to remember that most questions form newbies have been asked 1000 times already, and sometimes the guys with the answers are just too busy to answer the question that they have answered over and over. That leaves the troublemakers room to cause a rukus. We all wish everyone out there was as helpful as cayugad, but that just ain't gonna happen!!!!!!!!!

I have a few more weeks of rife season, then it closes for 2 weeks and reopens for primitive weapons season (archery & muzzleloader)

So far all I'm seeing is does. The rut will kick in soon.

Spitpatch said:
Anyone shot any good deer lately?

Shuddup Spit!

i got a big ol cow elk with that .54cal mountain rifle you sold me!! I love that rifle man! Thanks again for the deal.

Latest posts

Back