enough with the fighting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shuddup spit!! :wink:

1zflk4j.jpg

taken by mooseeyes, one of the newer DWBs, with
Gun: White Model 98 Elite Hunter in .504
Bullet: 495 grain No Excuses
Powder: 75 grains of 777
Wad: 510A from Track of the Wolf
Distance: Approximately 70 yards with the animal slightly quartering away.

I think he's pretty sold on that White. :D

ok, now I've seen a few elk cows but am sure no expert on judging one on the ground... but isn't that one a huge specimen? Look at that rifle!

i agree with txhunter58, all sites have their different personalities on them. it never fails there will always be an 1 or 2 that love stirring up junk.I was just thinking about how nice it would be to know who some folks work for on these sites just to see if their bias is steering what they say. overall most folks are here to help. ive only been here a month but already have gotten good advice and ive been blackpower hunting for over 25 years. i am an avid bowhunter- the bowsite is great for this subject but you sure will read some good arguements there too. i used to think animal rights clowns were getting on that site just to start trouble. theres a lot of experience here to learn from.

UC

Here is how a medium sized one fits in a full size pick-up... Da head is up against the back wall of the PU bed...Can not show you the gun because it was a Remington 700ml..

mikeselk011.jpg

Why can't you show me a 700ML? :lol: So how would you judge the one mooseeyes got, size-wise? Humongous er whut?

UC

His is a full growed 'momma' She is a good sized one. Do your pixel count thing and you will be able to tell...

Dare were 3 cows and 2 calves in this bunch - i shot the smallest cow of the bunch - I was by myself and it was late in the afternoon... This one hung & quartered at 432lbs ifn I remember right. The largest cow in the bunch was bigger and older - this one was really good in the cooking pot...

P1010001-2.jpg

Thanks, that picture helps put the other elk in perspective. That 700MLS is probably a bit longer than the 98, certainly just as long.

txhunter58 said:
Corey,

Welcome to online forums! What you describe waxes and wanes, but is a constant on any forum I have been on bar none. You kind of have to grow a thicker skin because people will say just about anything behind the anonimity of this medium. It is hard, but you have to learn not to take it personally.

This is a great forum, but like all the others, you have to learn to seperate the chaf from the wheat. AND keep in the back of your mind that their are always trollers (some antihunters even) trying to stir up trouble in our ranks.

My personal rules paraphrased as follows:

--Be nice
--Be respectful of people and their ideas, even when I dissagree
--Disagreement is OK. I many times learn something valuable in a thread where disagrement is rampant. I have even changed my mind a time or two, well at least once........LOL
--Attacking/dissagrement with ideas and opinions is ok, attacking people is not OK

And I don't sweat the small stuff. As I said earlier, you have to grow a tougher hide in this form of communication. People online will say things they would never say in person.

Be patient and someone to answer questions will come. You have to remember that most questions form newbies have been asked 1000 times already, and sometimes the guys with the answers are just too busy to answer the question that they have answered over and over. That leaves the troublemakers room to cause a rukus. We all wish everyone out there was as helpful as cayugad, but that just ain't gonna happen!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Post.

Thank you.

trust me on this, I been holding this back for a few months.

have not been typing that often on here because I been working on my own site, hunting, and in the last 2 days hoping an local city opens an shotgun/muzzy season.

came out of this season with an big 0, oh well. get to the range and play with my cva hawkens with an roundball. :wink:

tx,

I have a pretty thick skin. just got tired of seeing guys saying stuff (bad mouthing on what someone gets) that just gets old. (more like an broken record)

trust me, this is nothing like when I did chat. at least I don't really have to worry about my computer being crashed (or me crashing someones computer :twisted: )

Sabotloader, that was a nice cow and good shooting.

UC that picture of the 98 propped up against that nice sized cow? That's unfair :lol:

Swampman said:
I think folks should be free to say what they think. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I think for the most part one can. If what is said is constructive in nature and done in the right way. Don't you think?

UC that is a Pedersoli rifle correct? Do you have any experience with those rifles and if so what kind of powders can they handle?

big6x6 said:
Swampman said:
I think folks should be free to say what they think. Unfortunately that's not the case.

I think for the most part one can. If what is said is constructive in nature and done in the right way. Don't you think?

Yep.

Hey cory, the other conversation on this thread is just what you asked for.

Nice elk, by the way!

txhunter58 said:
big6x6 said:
Swampman said:

Yep.

Hey cory, the other conversation on this thread is just what you asked for.

Nice elk, by the way!

it works lol

+1 on the elk.

really want to do an elk hunt. :cry:

Back