enough with the fighting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stickfighters_av.gif

swampman

I don't see where most I that have helped me in the past and most likely in the future have backup your point.

FG, (a good friend), sold me an win apex (cva). great gun can see what it can do. also did work on an cva hawkens I own and have not shot. (though I was not going to get back)

UC, who bugged me enough to finally go to 100yrds. (this year I am going to work on 150yrds (I need it now)). may also be to blame on me buying an CVA Accura.

6x6, the owner of this site (also bugged me to go to 100yrds)

sabotloader, helped me with sabots

txhunter58, just a good guy to have around. starts great topics.

there are some others, but they did not post on this thread.

I do own 2 knights. I love them, one is an old knight usak 50cal. it is my first. I got my first deer with it and an disc extreme 50cal that I won helping another friend. I am kinda wanting to trade it for an 45cal version.

I also own an own an tc new englander (sidelock). out of all my guns it is the problem child. even over my Chinese sks.

so muzzy count 2 knight, 2 cva, one TC

also shot a good bit of powerbelts this year. which is a an american made. yes owned by bpi.

you may say alot of things, I mean alot, I do not like, but you do have good things to say. get over the OLD product problems and look at what is going on in the market NOW.

I am not going back off what I said in the start of this topic. yes, you can say what you want but it does not help anyone when you tell them to return an cva because of something that may have been fixed.

as for an breech plug problems. I believe that has been found in a number of brands.

I am saying what is on my mind. but when it is in every CVA post, posting from an site that was made 3 to 5 years ago. it is not up to date with what is going on NOW.

Opinions are like @$$holes
Everybody's got one and they all stink.

I agree with everyone to a certian extent.
I feel people shoud be able to say what they want about a product but I sure dont like the personal attacks.
That being said I am as or more guilty than most of posting before thinking and sometimes saying ugly things to people when nothing would have been better and I always regret it.I don't like to hurt people and I always try to remember that everyone is different,shaped by their experiances with this or that bullet or gun or life for that matter.
I like that when I am down or something is going on in my family,I can come here and get advice or prayers or whatever.

As far as forums go this is one of my favorite.I get GREAT advice here from people who know their stuff.
Sometimes I need to be called out on something that I have said or done,I dont always like it but I always learn something about myself.

When I ask about a product,I want the good and bad.

fighting

I hope all this love ya' ,man stuff doesn't mean I have to kiss anyone and sing kumbaya! :lol:

If you see swampy on any other forums you will soon realize that he is contrary to whatever the forum is about. If it a 7mm rifle forum he will say that nothing smaller than a 30 cal. will kill a deer, if it a .30 cal forum, then any thing bigger than 7 mm is overkill on a deer size critter, so on and so forth.....
opinions are like bungholes.. everyone has one, and they all stink!

I agree,
When you ask a question, you are looking for an answer, not an opinion, and certainly don't deserve to be criticized because you didn't buy the right gun,bullet,sabot,powder,primer,solvent,toilet paper.

You just need to learn how to read between the lines and you will soon learn who knows what they are talking about. (underclocked is a good one to listen to)

Re: fighting

Bucker said:
I hope all this love ya' ,man stuff doesn't mean I have to kiss anyone and sing kumbaya! :lol:

kumbaya my lord, kumbaya :lol:

You could tell me my gun is a piece of junk and I'm a retard for shooting it, wouldn't bother me one bit. If I like something then that's all that matters, I don't need people on the internet to agree with me and like the same things I do.

BlkDiamond said:
You could tell me my gun is a piece of junk and I'm a retard for shooting it, wouldn't bother me one bit. If I like something then that's all that matters, I don't need people on the internet to agree with me and like the same things I do.

Ok!!!

Your gun is a piece of junk and you're a retard for shooting it :lol: :lol: just kiddin

I used to get made fun of for driving a 4 door 71 buick skylark. They stopped laughing when i would pull along the side of their z28.

BlkDiamond said:

To me, I think its wrong when a newbe comes on (like me) and asks for help and someone tells me, my choice of guns is a piece of **** and to throw it in the trash. You could scar a person. And he/she may never come back to get the help they needed.

My new accura is suppose to be delievered Monday. I had ordered a Kodiak Pro, but by the time I had the paper work finished (three weeks) they were sold out.

I have been reading and studing for about two months before I first ordered. And to me any CVA I ordered sounds like a good gun to me. I am still thinking of getting a Wolf for hunting in the brush.

Dave

"To me, I think its wrong when a newbe comes on (like me) and asks for help and someone tells me, my choice of guns is a piece of **** and to throw it in the trash. You could scar a person. And he/she may never come back to get the help they needed. "

Exactly what i have heard numorus times when people PM me here to ask a question about powerbelts. They feel that they will be attacked when all they wanted was a simple question answered.

Pappy said:
BlkDiamond said:

To me, I think its wrong when a newbe comes on (like me) and asks for help and someone tells me, my choice of guns is a piece of **** and to throw it in the trash. You could scar a person. And he/she may never come back to get the help they needed.

Dave

Bottom line Pappy is that the internet is the devil! or great information, or both!

Anyone who will be scarred from a complete stranger calling their gun a piece of crap probably shouldn't be on the internet to begin with. Ignore the jerks and get the info you need, it is there.

If someone gets scarred from words on the internet, they must have real problems with everyday, real world issues. :roll:

Steve

Wolf

Get it. I have a Pro Hunter and a Wolf . That Wolf I can carry all day in the brush and hunting the river hillsides in PA. Havew to hold onto trees w/ one hand or take a slide clear to the bottom. Grouse knows what I'm talking about. That Wolf is great shooter under 100 yards and loaded w/ 83 grains loose T7, 250 grain SW in a super glide sabot. I have an old junk 30.40 Krag that an old old man gave me because he couldn't put it up on a fence post anymore. It takes a while and you can probably use a stop watch, but it will reach put and touch just about anything I shoot at. It is the most battered gun you will ever see, but it has much history and killed one he- - of a lot of deer in it's life. I won't get rid of it because something faster, lighter or more developed comes around. Sorry, Kumbaya!!

Back