Extra protection for your powder.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
Alot of people are keeping there pre-measured powder in vials. Thanks to a great idea buy Big6x6. I am putting the small vial into a pill bottle for extra protection. The pill bottle is air and water tight. You only need three or four for hunting.

89703380.jpg

1954aba5.jpg

Grouse said:
Alot of people are keeping there pre-measured powder in vials. Thanks to a great idea buy Big6x6. I am putting the small vial into a pill bottle for extra protection. The pill bottle is air and water tight. You only need three or four for hunting.

89703380.jpg

1954aba5.jpg
Ifound a vial from pilotvials.com that you can use by themselves. They are glass with a black screw on poly seal cap. They will actually fit into the Muzzle of a 50cal. up to the neck on the vial with out going all of the way in. i have used them for 2 yrs. now without incident for my smokeless loads. $4.29 a doz. plus S&H. Product No.ST-1,Thought you might like to try these.They are also air & water tight.

is the non amber vial glass or plastic, if plastic where did you aquire them?

oper2nyst said:
(pilotvials.com) Theyare clear glass, part. no.ST-1 Rick

Tar-12 said:
oper2nyst said:
(pilotvials.com) Theyare clear glass, part. no.ST-1 Rick

Hi

Is plastic better or worse than glass ??

..................................................................Gerald................../

The non-amber vials look like the ones that R. Wakeman distributes. The amber vials you can go to a pharmacy and buy empty. They have several sizes and shapes.

The plactic can develop a static charge, which can cause the powder to stick in the tube. Glass seems to have less problems with static.

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
The plactic can develop a static charge, which can cause the powder to stick in the tube. Glass seems to have less problems with static.
Excactly! :shock:

Tar-12 said:
Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Excactly! :shock:

I have had VERY little problem with this.. On an occasion maybe a couple of grains is about it...

That is all I ever had too.I just like the glass for its size and water tightness.You can use it by its self.I done a submersion test on them,they held up really well.They out lasted all the other bottles I had.

Just wipe them out with a '' Bounce Sheet '' antistatic sheet that you would throw in the dryer for clothes....Works for glass or plastic...no more poder clinging ....bompa

FWF said:
How much powder will an ST-1 vial hold?
After you put 44 grns. of Accurate Arms powder in one,it will be 3/4ths full. It should handle whatever load you wanted to try.

bompa said:
Just wipe them out with a '' Bounce Sheet '' antistatic sheet that you would throw in the dryer for clothes....Works for glass or plastic...no more poder clinging ....bompa

Good idea! Even though I haven't experienced this in RW's vials I have in some others. :)

I Never thought of the Bounce Sheet, it makes sense and I bet it make the vials smell nice too.

I saw the post of what RW uses for holding his powder but cannot find it, can anyone assist in where to look?

Drew_CarreyAB said:
I saw the post of what RW uses for holding his powder but cannot find it, can anyone assist in where to look?
Drew, PM Randy,he carries them.

Back