Finding a node: accuracy vs. velocity

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6fps spread for the 115grV looks great to me. I keep seeing this number come up from a time to time.

Utahjimmy, watch this. I think maybe we’ve all been wrong. I would take what Jeff says, personally, as pretty much gospel.

Thanks @sdporter for the share! And thanks @bestill for putting that together. Appreciate all the info you guys are feeding me! This is strange stuff for sure! Makes sense that weighed is gonna have a tighter spread, but from lot to lot the jumps are mind boggling. Sounds like Western has a QC problem!

Shot this ,today , someone tell me the node , BH209 ,325xdl bullets , .060 veg wad, loose bullets. Fired straight thru , no wiping, about 42 degrees , Each string is listed under the Powder Charge

How did these groups look on target?

Ok , after watching Bestills Message, here is a test run today with blackhorn by volume used my old Belden Mul and my black powder measure for volume. You should have no trouble finding this node. One difference was bullet fit. Shot two in the 120 volume load batteries died on Labradar. I have never had such string as the 115 by volumeView attachment 8367
ES 6? That’s crazy good I would think!

Back