Forum shoot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
You guys want to do a monthly shooting contest? I have some targets we can all use and print out.

Im on the range right now and thought a friendly shooting match with the same targets, distance and of course, either percussion or flintlock ( I want us to use both if possible ) We'll have a set distance for flintlock and percussion, patched ball only, standing up off hand.

What do you think? Just something for fun if you can print the target out, otherwise I can send one in the mail easily.

Sounds good. I probably won't participate until hunting season ends the first part of March.

Old eyes get a handicap with open sights, right?

Sounds good count me in ....Just got back from the Alafia Rondy...had a blast....it will be  hoot....

Hilljack

Heck, I am pretty sure several of you can out shoot me, but why not? It could be fun and I have never tried a pen pal shooting challenge before. Bring it on.

I'm in Jon. Can you send me a target? I don't have a printer, but there's a store here that can make copies for me.

What will be the distance?

So, what're the rules? How many shots? What distance? Keep in mind a lot us are old and can't see for beans. What about sights? I'm sure just iron sights, but what about a peep?

A target is a lot harder than hitting a kill zone on game.

Shoot, I'd like to participate!
May I use my Hawken with the peep sight at least until I have my cataracts done (this month).
Ron

Just to give you guys fair warning about the competition you are up against, here's one of my recent targets: :D

D2MqCM.jpg

Joe, I don't mean to be suspicious but those "bullet holes" look like a Sharpie made them.  :roll:

Now, Smokin Joe, you don't use Sharpies for such subterfuge. You use calibrated hole punches.
I am going to let stoney1 know at Mountain Man Emporium that there may be a market for such punches. You should be able to get them in 45, 50, 54 and 58 caliber. :D 

Ron

I'll figure out some rules for flintlock category and percussion category. Simple stuff, i dont want to make it full of rules, just a clean clear understanding.

Latest posts

Back