Fury 300g Star Tip Mz 2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bullet was provided by Encore50A

Bullet was shot as a land rider, without sabot, sized to fit bore between lands -- 0.4502" A poly wad was used, powder charge was 80g Blackhorn. Distance between rifle, and bottles was 25 yard.

IMG_4433.JPG

example1.jpg

The bullet did damage to the first bottle, destroyed the second, third, and fourth bottle, holed the fifth, and sixth bottle. The bullet penetrated about ¾ the way through by the phone book. The bullet came off the book, and was found on the ground about four feet behind the horse.

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4460.JPG

Another FAIL, They Don’t like to Open with 80 Grains of BH209 that’s for sure, I guess it isn’t surprising after the last go around with the 250 Grain. Velocity Roughly?

I'm just setting here :wall:

There are so many hunters and shooters using Fury bullets and just can not complement them enough. Both from smokers and SML rifles. From a SML those bullets will exit with a hole the size of a bowling ball.

Its evident that when shot into ballistic gel the results are 100% totally different.

Another FAIL, They Don’t like to Open with 80 Grains of BH209 that’s for sure, I guess it isn’t surprising after the last go around with the 250 Grain. Velocity Roughly?

I guess I'm in disagreement on the 250 and FAIL as you call it. When the same bullet is shot into ballistic gel, the industry and government standard for testing bullets, the bullet "PASSED", if that's what you'd prefer calling it. Facts are in the 250 post, that when shot into the industry standard, it performed perfectly, as evident by the photos and posting.

I haven't used the 250 but I have used the 275 the last two years and have two dead deer to show for it. Good enough for me.

I guess I'm in disagreement on the 250 and FAIL as you call it. When the same bullet is shot into ballistic gel, the industry and government standard for testing bullets, the bullet "PASSED", if that's what you'd prefer calling it. Facts are in the 250 post, that when shot into the industry standard, it performed perfectly, as evident by the photos and posting.

I’m simply going off Ron’s other Tests, Post #4 That 52bore put together, Note the left hand Column PASS/FAIL
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/rons-bullet-testing-results.34927/

it is because 80 grain by volume isn't enough velocity, my grandson uses 77 grains by weight in his 50 , killed deer last season , year ago, around 100 yds. exit wound had piece of stomach hanging out liver was gone turned to jelly. 80 by volume isn't much almost Black Powder velocity

The depth of the rifling engraved in the bullet is most interesting. Only 80g Blackhorn, and compared to the barrel, the rifling engraved in the bullet is quite deep.

IMG_4461.JPG

No longer a land rider

engraved1.jpg

Last edited:
I’m simply going off Ron’s other Tests, Post #4 That 52bore put together, Note the left hand Column PASS/FAIL
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/rons-bullet-testing-results.34927/

Ok. But you called it "Another FAIL", then you said "..it isn't surprising..". Could you explain what "isn't surprising"?

CLEARLY........... the 250gr bullet did not fail, as evident by the photo below. That's the 250gr ST bullet/s, shot with 80grs of BH209, but into the industry standard ballistic gel.

250gr with 80grs BH at 50yds 3.jpg

The depth of the rifling engraved in the bullet is most interesting. Only 80g Blackhorn, and compared to the barrel, the rifling engraved in the bullet is quite deep.

IMG_4461.JPG

No longer a land rider

View attachment 7386

I agree Ron, The Bullet appears to have obturated Well, But wouldn’t Open in your Test Media?

As Bob stated above, These Bullets need more Velocity, and that is Clear by Ron’s Results here in His Test Media. More Velocity isn’t a problem if a guy is Pushing them FULL TILT BH209, Or Smokeless. BUT What Happens at Longer Ranges When Gravity takes over and slows them down? I personally would NOT trust them, nor advise them, That’s me and My opinion.

Lastly, Ron’s Test Media, Do you believe in it, or not? We know that Every Bullet he Tests is put through the Same Rigors, One can look at the List of Bullets he has Tested and Clearly see how Each one of them Performed? Some do Well, Some do REALLY Well, And some don’t do worth a Darn. Ron’s Results are Here, Free for you to observe, You can take the Results for what they are, or Leave them, That Choice is yours? Nobody is trying to Force them down your Throat.

Ok. But you called it "Another FAIL", then you said "..it isn't surprising..". Could you explain what "isn't surprising"?

CLEARLY........... the 250gr bullet did not fail, as evident by the photo below. That's the 250gr ST bullet/s, shot with 80grs of BH209, but into the industry standard ballistic gel.

View attachment 7387

We are talking about RON’S Test, NOT Somebody else’s.

Remember this is RON’S 250 Grain Fury Bullet Test Shot with 80 Grains of BH209, After seeing this Test it didn’t Surprise me on the other Bullet, there’s my Explanation ;)
39EnxsE.jpg

aAvz0cu.jpg

C7Vwfr6.jpg

Can you NOT READ??? I was talking about RON’S Test, NOT Somebody else’s

I can read, really well. No problem with knowing exactly what you wrote and meant. Its right in post #2, with no mention of Ron's test.

Explain the difference then between the INDUSTRY STANDARD test and Ron's test, and why the bullet functions properly in the INDUSTRY STANDARD test, yet fails in Ron's test?

Which test should the multitude of readers determine best represents the bullets they hunt with?

Why do the hunters using both smokers and SML state the bullet works exceptionally well on game?

Did or do you ever think, that posting "FAIL" and "isn't surprising", might just affect someone's livelihood or employees?

Ron...……… I'm in no way trying to blame, indicate, imply, anything negative towards you personally. I applaud you for taking the time, energy and expenses for what you do shooting.

I can read, really well. No problem with knowing exactly what you wrote and meant. Its right in post #2, with no mention of Ron's test.

Explain the difference then between the INDUSTRY STANDARD test and Ron's test, and why the bullet functions properly in the INDUSTRY STANDARD test, yet fails in Ron's test?

Which test should the multitude of readers determine best represents the bullets they hunt with?

Why do the hunters using both smokers and SML state the bullet works exceptionally well on game?

Did or do you ever think, that posting "FAIL" and "isn't surprising", might just affect someone's livelihood or employees?

Ron...……… I'm in no way trying to blame, indicate, imply, anything negative towards you personally. I applaud you for taking the time, energy and expenses for what you do shooting.

If your “Beloved” Bullet Fails RON’S Test, Have somebody’s else test it, Then post Their Results in RON’S Thread? :roll: Heck of a Nice thing to do

If your “Beloved” Bullet Fails RON’S Test, Have somebody’s else test it, Then post Their Results in RON’S Thread? :roll: Heck of a Nice thing to do

Love it how you avoid answering legit questions, failing to answer a single one. Instead of answering legit questions, you refer to "your Beloved" and think its funny. SMH I've said it before and will say it again, you're more ready for an argument, belittling and laughing, than determining facts, or coming to conclusions.

I'm betting an INDUSTRY STANDARD test will likely be coming.

Love it how you avoid answering legit questions, failing to answer a single one. Instead of answering legit questions, you refer to "your Beloved" and think its funny. SMH I've said it before and will say it again, you're more ready for an argument, belittling and laughing, than determining facts, or coming to conclusions.

I'm betting an INDUSTRY STANDARD test will likely be coming.

What did I avoid answering George?

Latest posts

Back